possible career policeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible career policeman

is anybody here a police officer? what are the good and bad things about being a police officer?

Re: possible career policeman

Good- you get to cruise around for most of the day and speed without getting in trouble.

Comment

bad- a lot of people hate you and some try to kill you..
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

<~~Police Officer

Is being an officer something that you have always thought about doing?

There is several things that are good and bad about the job. Way too many to list. I will tell you that for me the good far outway the bad. Just remember that there will be things that you will HAVE to deal with that the majority of Society can not deal with.

If you have any specific questions, just shoot. I am on here every other day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          bad- a lot of people hate you and some try to kill you..
          ...i guess thats a bad thing..

Comment

Let me tell you a story from my friend...

He got a call to go check on some guy in a ladies backyard. The guy was in the backyard looking in the woman's window and... lets say... enjoying himself. My friend comes around the backyard tells the guy to freeze and he takes off into the woods. Of course, in the rush to get away from my friend he had no time to put his pants back on. My friend is chasing this pantless guy through the woods and eventually catches him and they get into a fight. While they are wrestling for control the guy reaches for my friends gun so my friend proceeds to hit him with his flashlight. Eventually backup shows up and they get the guy in custody and drag him out of the woods.

My friend ended up getting posion ivy all over his body from wrestling in the woods and was put on administrative leave for a little while because he hit the guy in the head with his flashlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Detective_D
              <~~Police Officer

There is several things that are good and bad about the job. Way too many to list. I will tell you that for me the good far outway the bad. Just remember that there will be things that you will HAVE to deal with that the majority of Society can not deal with.

If you have any specific questions, just shoot. I am on here every other day or so.
              yeah i've been thinking about it for awhile. i'm planning on joining the coast guard for 4 years. i want to do drug interdiction in there. after coast guard probably college. then either a few more years of coast guard or law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Detective_D
                <~~Police Officer

Yes, I would think it would have to be something you have an extreme passion for. It appears to be a very demanding high stress career. I seriously doubt I could handle the crap you deal with from the maggots in society.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                  Let me tell you a story from my friend...

He got a call to go check on some guy in a ladies backyard. The guy was in the backyard looking in the woman's window and... lets say... enjoying himself. My friend comes around the backyard tells the guy to freeze and he takes off into the woods. Of course, in the rush to get away from my friend he had no time to put his pants back on. My friend is chasing this pantless guy through the woods and eventually catches him and they get into a fight. While they are wrestling for control the guy reaches for my friends gun so my friend proceeds to hit him with his flashlight. Eventually backup shows up and they get the guy in custody and drag him out of the woods.

My friend ended up getting posion ivy all over his body from wrestling in the woods and was put on administrative leave for a little while because he hit the guy in the head with his flashlight.

haha sounds like reno 911
                  1999 v6 Camaro M5
                  Automatic to Manual converted
                  Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                  !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Originally posted by tmon930
                    yeah i've been thinking about it for awhile. i'm planning on joining the coast guard for 4 years. i want to do drug interdiction in there. after coast guard probably college. then either a few more years of coast guard or law enforcement.
                    That sounds like a great plan to me. I went into the air force for 4 years first. Came straight to my dept. after that. I think that the coast guard will help you to get a feel for what is going on behind the scenes out there. Good luck to ya.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X