Opinion on new gaming machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinion on new gaming machine

thanks for all the info ginsuguy. Crysis is about the only reason i even started this build. I am looking into other mobo options right now so i will look at what u suggested. also what kinda fps you getting on crysis, and at what settings? monitor size and resoulution you use?

Comment

I personally don't think that will run Crysis on high settings. You have to have one of the most advanced PCs available ATM to do that :p , it's a real video hog. If you do get it to run on high settings, it must look ****ing amazing!
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Personally I'd probably go with a different mobo, and Raid-0 over the raptor. SLI is another choice, but, as you mentioned, isn't supported by a whole lot of games, so isn't a necessity and may just be wasted money.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I have a friend with almost the exact same set-up and runs crysis on high with no aa, and a bit older processor. So i think i can do that. I have decided with to go with another mobo, and skip out on the sli all together. I would try and go for the Raid, but im kinda already on the edge of my 1500 budget.

Comment

You could get 2 WD 80gb SATA II for less than half the price of a single raptor..
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
              I thought for a minute this was gonna be another magic lottery machine thread
              x2 ... read my mind

:)
              09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
              sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

RadRacer: My pc can run it on medium settings when I crank the resolution up to 1600x1200. At those resolutions AA doesn't even matter :D

Also consider the major limiting factor on my machine is the last-gen video card. If he gets an 8800 (dx10 and much better specs) he will be able to run high settings.

Again, anyone trashing vista needs to stop trying to run a new OS on old sh*tty hardware. If you wouldn't expect to run Crysis on it, why should Vista?

I played WoW on vista (32bit ultimate) on an amd 3200+ with a gig of ram and a radeon 9700. It got more than 40fps all options on. (before the expansions came out)

Your machine will run Crysis quite well, good luck w/ the build. :D

Comment

thanks ginsuguy...the parts are comming in today....She will be up and running tonight.

Comment

hrmmm are people just playing crysis for the game? or just for graphics... I never understand why some people have to be on the latest edge of technology for games. Most games dont need that much of a power house, but everyone wants the best of the best... but damn, spend it on the car not on a computer.. Quake3 does fine on my radeon 9600 :D

Comment

have you seen the game? the graphics are second to none, and game play is just awsome. Im building this now to hold me over for a while. and dont worry a cam swap is in the works for the car right now.

Comment

no i havent seen the game, but i remember the same hype from Doom3. And well, people spent thousands of dollars on that.. and im like why....... I dunno, when it comes to computer upgrading I dont see the point, its too fast of a market, hardware comes out every month. Then games to boost the hardware sales.. But, in the end they are all fads.

Comment

It's plot is about as weak as all the others. Crazy Sci-Fi stuff etc.

The GAMEPLAY is AWESOME!!! Being able to change abilities on the fly using middle mouse button is so much better than you would expect.

I liked the game, but I wish it was longer. Hopefully an expansion or mod will come out soon.

I'm still waiting for a true dx10 game to come out, so I have an excuse to get a new card.

Comment

well i got it all put together, just thought i would share a couple pics

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7626101
                            all the compents laid out on the bed (also a random slice of pizza)

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7626102
                            close up of mobo, just cause i like to take macro shots

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7626103
                            mobo assembled with ram, processor, and a huge ****ing heat sink

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7626104
                            one sexy a$$ gforce 8800 gtx

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7626105
                            everything nice and assembled in my antec case.

Comment

WTF is that leaning tower of heatsink?!?!?!?!?!? Holy crap it's a monster. :)

Lounge Moderator

Comment

DAMN! that heatsink is huge!
                                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X