Hi! I'm new here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! I'm new here!

Since I've been approved I figured I might as well make my first post be my introduction. I'm from West Michigan, but until July I'll be working in China, so my car's in storage until then. I've got a 98 3.8 M5 Camaro. Mods: Spohn adjustable torque arm with rod ends, G2 adjustable aluminum panhard rod and LCAs all with rod ends, Hotchkis sway bars, BMR shock tower brace, MSD wires, Denso IT20 plugs. I kept my Enkei CP1s, Pioneer CD player and Infinity speakers from my 95 Camaro and threw those on too. New tires though (Toyo Proxes 4). The pictures are from back in early May and there's been some work on it since then, but I don't have any more recent pics than these. I took off the grille (am planning on getting a grille insert and fabbing up some tow loops) and disconnected the fog lamps (homemade brake ducts) along with painting the calipers and making my own Berger panel. Other than that, the interior is almost completely gutted and at the moment it sounds like it belongs on a dirt track (blew out the exhaust from the cat back and didn't have time/money to replace it before I flew out in August). Oh yeah, when I got the car 2 years ago it already had the Whisper lid and some aluminum pedals and shift knob installed. I'm planning on putting on a new exhaust, some clear corners, some halos (replace the yellowed stockers), and do the 93-97 taillight swap once I get home along with getting a new spoiler (got backed into by a Jeep with a rear-mount tire carrier back in February).

Just ignore the little dirtbike trailer in the last picture there.

Re: Hi! I'm new here!

nice car and welcome... is that a caddy or buick next to your car?
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Car looks nice! Sounds like it handles pretty decent too :)
      What size are those wheels..18, 19?

Welcome! :wavey:
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

That would be a 96 Riviera. It's got a 3.8 too, but sadly not the SC version.

The wheels are 18s. Any bigger than that and the benefits of the smaller sidewall are kinda outweighed by, well, the weight.

Comment

yes, and it starts looking a bit ridiculous in most cases.
          They're pretty nice looking.

You still running stock springs and shocks?
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Welcome :)
            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Yeah, it still has the stock shocks and springs. Oh yeah, I also forgot the aluminum driveshaft, SLP weld on SFCs, and the obligatory K&N filter. Wow, I'm slipping.
              Last edited by sjacobs85; 01-20-2008, 05:43 PM.

Comment

:slap: man, i love your rims... where did you get them?

Comment

I got them at Discount Tire back in '03. I liked them at first because they look a bit like the old IROC Z rims.

Comment

Originally posted by sjacobs85
                    I got them at Discount Tire back in '03. I liked them at first because they look a bit like the old IROC Z rims.
                    at first? lol hey, you can always give em to me :D

Comment

I still like them, but the clear coat is getting pretty chewed up on them, so I've been thinking of getting them redone or painted. Not sure about the color though. Maybe black but keep the lines on the spokes silver. I'm thinking of getting the car redone too (starting to get some rust in the engine bay and the undercarriage).

Comment

Originally posted by sjacobs85
                        That would be a 96 Riviera. It's got a 3.8 too, but sadly not the SC version.

The wheels are 18s. Any bigger than that and the benefits of the smaller sidewall are kinda outweighed by, well, the weight.
                        my stepdad has the sc Riviera... its so so comfortable... oh and a little fast too ;)
                        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

what kind of rims are they? if i could find some just like those i would get them. and welcome to the site!

Comment

They're Enkei CP1's, size 18x8.5 if I'm remembering right. Good luck with finding them though. I've never seen them on anything else before and they quit making them two or three years ago. But if you can find some, they're great! I've got 2 spares that I need to get remanufactured eventually (stupid potholes). Just wondering, what are people here interested in? Show, drag, autox? Usually I'm on the Domestic Drifting section of driftingforums.com, so I'm kinda curious to know what people here are into. Most f-body sites are all about V8s and if you have a V6 you just get flamed all the time, so I'm glad to see a site that's just for us people with the V6s.
                            Last edited by sjacobs85; 01-20-2008, 09:28 PM.

Comment

My cousin gave me the idea to put my car in the local car show in our hometown this summer after I get back. If I do that, I should probably put the interior back in. I've been thinking of switching to power mirrors and windows anyways and swapping the inner door panels for those out of a Trans Am (I think they look better). What's everyone else's opinion on this?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X