Warranty on our cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty on our cars?

I was reading an ebay auction and the guy said that the car still had 18 months of warranty left on the engine, Transmission, Drivetrain assembly, suspension, Front-wheel steering, Brakes and Electrical. The auction was for a 2001 Firebird. Since I have a 2001 Firebird I'm wondering is it still under warranty?
    2001 Firebird 3.8L

Re: Warranty on our cars?

Either
    a. He bought aftermarket warranty on his firebird. or
    b. He put in new engine (and other parts) from dealership hence extended warranty from GM.
    c. He is full of shi*!

:)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
      Either
      b. He put in new engine (and other parts) from dealership hence extended warranty from GM.
      c. He is full of shi*!

i vote for a
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kala
        Either
        c. He is full of shi*!

I say C
        2001 Firebird 3.8L

Comment

A or C
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Long Story But hang with me.:rant:
            I bought my car a year and a half ago, and I still have a warranty. (At least for another 2 years or up to 60,000 miles). But what the heck is Front-steering but oh well. The suspension (side story), brakes (side story below) or not covered for me, but the electrical is, and as a matter a fact my stupid security system went bad last April wouldn't let me turn on the car, got it fixed no cost. Well, I went to 'A' chevy dealership they said I didn't have a warranty, and even had the warranty papers, with my number, and its not like I have Joe's Warranty program, I got GM warranty accepted at GM dealerships and shops and so on. Went to 'B' dealership they said it would cost me 400 bucks, I laughed and left that place. Then went to 'C' dealership, now they did accept and acknowledge that I had a GM warranty. Guy says to me "yea it will be done later today". Told him fine, 15 minutes later comes back and says "Ya um do you need a rental". MY response "Why, do I need a rental", he comes back and says "it will be done Monday and the warranty will cover the rental".

So either he bought it and still has a warranty, or in some STATES its mandatory that all cars have some sort of warranty. (Like NY)

About that Side story is was talking about. When I bought the car I test drove it of course before buying before you ask questions later... But then GM being GM, put there standard GM touch on it before I took it off the lot. They put crappy Rotors on it that gave me a pulsing feeling from the rear, took it back b****ed to them they didn't care. Bought some for 200 not from them. A week later tire blew out cause they put on some pep boys futura sports on them, I swore the day before they had Kumho's on it. Here's a pick off my phone cause I thought I hit something but I didn't, kept in complete control. Had to buy a new set... when I took this claim to the dealership they where like that had nothing to do with them. In short car dealerships in my area are shady S.O.B.s. This story had nothing to do with what the guy asked but then again it kinda did.

ViperRider to answer your question whether you still have your warranty we would have to know if you bought it (or your parents im assuming your young), when you bought it, how many miles so on, so forth. But in short you can BUY another aftermarket warranty. Be careful, as there are A LOT of shady warranty places out there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X