Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ford kicks mustang owners

Originally posted by Fireball27
    Seriously.. talk about brand suicide. I mean i knew that they weren't doing so well but that they've resorted to sueing their own customers to make a quick buck is just retarded.
    aren't the people suing for dumb **** reasons supposed to be individuals looking for a quick buck, not huge car producers? i feel like honda should be one suing most of their moronic "enthusiasts"...

(1000th post :))
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

ahhhhh gotta love this. something to bust on my friends about
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
        ahhhhh gotta love this. something to bust on my friends about
        And especially your husband!!!!!

Comment

here is what he just sent me....

Yea I’ve heard about this, apparently it was blown way out of proportion.

Here’s fords letter to the BMC site

"From the BMC site - a letter sent to them from Ford:

My name is Whitney Drake and I work in Ford Communications.
          We've been watching this discussion with interest and I'd like to
          clarify what is essentially a misunderstanding.

Yesterday we spoke to both Cafe Press and the Black Mustang Club
          and explained the situation (about the Black Mustang Club’s calendar) to everyone's satisfaction. Ford has no problem with Mustang or other car owners taking pictures of their vehicles for use in club materials like calendars. What we do have an issue with are individuals using Ford’s logo and other trademarks for products they intend to sell. Understandably, we have to take the protection of our brands and licensing very seriously.

Ford did not send the Black Mustang Club a “cease and desist” letter telling them that they could not use images of their own cars in their calendar. The decision not to allow the calendars to be printed was made by Cafe Press, because we had gotten in touch with them in the past about trademark infringements on products they sold.

The Black Mustang Club, and any other Ford enthusiast club, are free to take pictures of their own vehicles for use in calendars or other materials as long as they don't use Ford trademarks in products that will be sold.

I think it is great that the Black Mustang Club, and any other enthusiast club, would take pictures of their own vehicles for use in calendars or other materials.

I'm looking forward to purchasing a copy to hang in the garage next
          to my Mustang (even if mine isn't black).

Thanks for giving us the chance to have our say"
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

always defending his mustangs lol, or at least until an LSx pulls up :D

Comment

So you can't use the Ford logo on your Mustang calendar, but they have no issue sticking them on a car you paid good money for for some free advertising? I'll never understand these big corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by Shad0wguy
                So you can't use the Ford logo on your Mustang calendar, but they have no issue sticking them on a car you paid good money for for some free advertising? I'll never understand these big corporations.
                It all makes perfect sense to me. Not that it isn't a totaly d*ck move, and stupid one at that, on Ford's part, but seems to me they have every right to stop someone from making a profit off there trademark, even if it is pennies on the dollar.

Click the link again, they threw the update at the bottom. It's funny how quick stories like this get blown out of proportion.
                <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

i like how at the end of the letter the person pretends like he owns a mustang haha

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

well Svtperformance is making an 03-04 cobra calender right now. That thread is blowing up and I'm sure it wont be too long before they hear from Big Brother Ford. Until then, I'm scheduled to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                      well Svtperformance is making an 03-04 cobra calender right now. That thread is blowing up and I'm sure it wont be too long before they hear from Big Brother Ford. Until then, I'm scheduled to get one.
                      A quick fix is to just photoshop out any Ford or Mustang symbols.
                      <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Copyright infringement. Still ridiculous. These companies have nothing else to worry about? They should be proud that someone's making a Mustang calendar!!! GM does the same thing to the aftermarket companies. They make sure they get a piece of the profit by making the companies purchase a license to sell aftermarket parts for GM vehicles. Ever look at RK Sport's catalog? Under almost every custom part it says "Official GM License".
                        2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                        1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                        2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                        2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                        2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X