help me decide my major decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me decide my major decisions

so I found a trans am I want to buy and I can afford but I cant decide if I want to get rid of the camaro for it. also, I want to see if you guys think I could get between $3500-4k for my camaro. its a 98 with 150k miles. brand new tires and brakes. slp exhaust and brand new serpentine belt. 5 spd 3.8

and heres what id sell it for.
    a 97 trans am. 81k miles $3900 (he keeps lowering the price cuz no one wants it in the michigan winter) auto. looks pretty clean except needs some touch up paint and prolly new tires soon.

so. do you think I could get that much for my camaro and do you think I should do it?

opinions please.

Re: help me decide my major decisions

that looks just like mine...buy my car instead :D i might trade, i want a 98+ DD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...189987016&rd=1

you'd be lucky to get 4K for your camaro this time of year in my opinion
    Last edited by badinfluenceRS; 01-13-2008, 09:32 PM.
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

No. A hard top, v6, manual Camaro with 150k miles isn't worth alot. Maybe $2k on craigslist or auto trader. Any dealer worth their salt would only give about $500 real money for the car. If there is a Carmax near by, give them a try. They offer pretty close to what it's actually worth wholesale. Good luck, but not many people are gonna take a big gamble on a 150k mile car.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

I don't think you will get that much for your car...

especially since, well its michigan and economy sucks up there and its winter and f-bodies won't sell...

think about it... the car is 1 year older then yours, has almost half the miles, but its a Trans am, not a basic v6. And you are expecting it to sell for about the same exact amount as the trans am.

Comment

Condition Value

Excellent
          $4,080

Good
          $3,625

Fair
          $3,065

from kbb.com. I think they are awful optimistic. Throw it on craigslist.org for $4k and see if anyone bites. There is an *** for every seat.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

ugh yeah I figured I was shooting a little too high. oh well, I still might try it.

badinfluence, your trans am is definatly sick. Id be up for a trade if you really want haha

Comment

trade + 2K lol
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

definitley put it up on craigslist... **** I sold mine for $2k and it the motor was dead.

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                  trade + 2K lol
                  ah I knew it was too good to be true lol. if I had 2k, Id do it.

well its prolly goin up on craigslist tomorrow night.

Comment

Do it tonight. Max exposure! Keep relisting it!

Comment

You could try craigslist, but that sounds like a high price for what it is, especially if that T/A isn't selling for that cheap.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Why not just trade it?
                        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Buy the T/A and keep the V6 as a DD and dump money into the T/A. thats what I did, but then again I paid 1600 for both

Comment

I live like 2 blocks from this car lot. I have driven this car. It rides smooth and runs strong. Its a really clean car, take a look in the glove box, you'll see what I mean. Like you said the guy has dropped the price several times. But be warned, the seller will not budge off that price because for that reason, I was hoping for $3500 but he wouldn't even go for that. You will also need to replace the windsheild because of a large crack all the way down the drivers side. Oh and this car will need to haver the peg replaced on the headlight motor assembly. Thats what is causing that loud grinding noise. Also know that the seller replaced the fuel pump a few months ago.

Its never garunteed, but I would not pay 3-4K this time of year for a high mileage V6. But I have seen weirded things happen. Good luck on the sale. I would have bought it myself but I just can't seem to come up with the money. I think I will just invest my cash into a SC for my V6 or an older V8 project. If you need any other pics or anything, PM me, I would be glad to drop by and snap some shots.

By the way, you should see Adams Badinfluences car. I saw that a few months ago and it is really nice too. I want his WS6 wheels!

But one request, if you end up with this car, please join up at www.mifbody.com so I can keep tabs on this baby. Thanks!
                            Last edited by phoenix_rising; 01-14-2008, 05:40 PM.

Comment

auto v8?:tdown:
                              1999 v6 Camaro M5
                              Automatic to Manual converted
                              Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                              !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X