Time to sell the Z but what to get??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to sell the Z but what to get???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to sell the Z but what to get???

Ok here soon I plan to sell my Z and buy something new.....the only thing is i want to go 4wd so i make actually drive in the winter time....so im asking for your help on suggestions on what to get i have a low budget about 10k or under seems how i am only 18.......So let me know what you guys think i should get that is 4X4 SUV or Truck????

Re: Time to sell the Z but what to get???

i have a 95 jeep cherokee as my daily driver/winter beater... thing is freakin sweet. i'm not one for creature comforts, so it suits me well. Thing is pretty much bone stock, though i've rebuild damn near the whole thing (more for fun than necessity). I've had it in 18" of snow round town, and drove it 1000 miles to vermont and back in a snow storm. I have no complaints at all, cept for the 18 mpg. And if you ever need parts, there are tons in the bone yard. If maintained, they are pretty reliable and should last you well past 150k miles, and more than likely 200k if you take care of it. OH, and the kicker is they are gettin cheap. YOu can pick up one for 3k-4k depending on options, mileage, location, etc.
    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

DEFINITLY A truck, get like a ranger!!! lol or a Dakota or something. No SUV's man you dont wanna drive a turtle

Comment

ya only SUV i care for are Tahoes, Grand cherokee's, trailblazers, and explorers i like Z71 silverado's too but i dont know which i like the most

Comment

Not a big fan of chevy trucks myself (bc i drive a ford, no not really lol my step uncle has one and it rides really bad his is a Z71) Get a Jeep man lol I dont consider them SUV's. they're more like ...... trucks with a big shell lol

Comment

Chevy fullsize for sure
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

I'd go for the Z71 or a grand cherokee.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Get a Cherokee, and throw a lift and 33"s on it!

But really, my dad has had two Z71 1500s and they're awesome to drive. 4-high in a freshly snowed parking lot is a blaaaaast!

Comment

Just get a Denali pickup. Mine seems to ride nice. Pulls race car just fine. I park mine in the winter, but its a 4X4 it will go threw snow. I just use mine to haul the race car.

Comment

Hummer or Escalade...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the Minivan... Torque is how far you take the Minivan with you... :wavey:

Originally posted by Firehawk N Wv
                    Mine were rusted also and the I had to cut my nuts off .

Comment

Get a ZR2 Blazer or S10, you will not regret it...otherwise get a XJ Jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Savorybacon
                        i have both an XJ and an S10 Blazer. no comparision, at all. I havent even sat in the blazer since buying the jeep, cept to take the stereo out. The jeep's 4.0 has more balls than teh blazer's vortec 4.3, the thing handles better, and performs in adverse conditions on a whole nother level than the S10. OH, and maintenence on the jeep is soooooo much easier with the inline 6 opposed to the v6. Hell, even the aftermarket is better for the Jeep if you end up lookin to mod it. The only reason you should buy a blazer over an XJ is cost. And for what he is lookin to spend, the XJ is the clear winner.
                        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by Savorybacon
                          my grandpa had a sweet k5 blazer... that thing was mint.. before it was trashed...:( coolest blazer IMO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                            Low Voltage
                            by Vladimir Gecko
                            I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                            5 hours ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            6 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X