Chrysler making a stupid move by Killing off the Viper - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrysler making a stupid move by Killing off the Viper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler making a stupid move by Killing off the Viper

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-new...l-ar50363.html

Re: Chrysler making a stupid move by Killing off the Viper

And, of course, Chrysler’s not exactly awash in cash. GM upped the ante far more than Chrysler could afford with the Corvette ZR1, a car more powerful, more sophisticated, better handling, and newer than the Viper. Chrysler has better uses for its resources, financial and intellectual, than battling with GM for the fastest Detroit hot rod.
    thats right :)
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

The company is in trouble, Viper sales are down 70%, and the 'vette kicks it a** in driveability. Seems like a sound business decision to me.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

that folks is called the official white flag.

corvette owns

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Yes. Corvette>most everything
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I dont think chrysler will be able to compete with the other automakers ..... well no they'll have the challenger in a few months ..... but still no viper, I love vipers although I cant afford to own let alone look at one. I dont think Dodge will be the same w/o the viper

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad
              I dont think chrysler will be able to compete with the other automakers ..... well no they'll have the challenger in a few months ..... but still no viper, I love vipers although I cant afford to own let alone look at one. I dont think Dodge will be the same w/o the viper
              Why? Because they won't make a few sales of 80000 here and there?
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                Why? Because they won't make a few sales of 80000 here and there?
                lol $80,000 is a lot of cash for a SRT-10, but they could back it down to the SRT-8 ........ I suppose next chrysler will take out the Ram? then kill off Dodge entirely, then take Jeep out ..... then what?

Comment

this sucks. i know everybody here says corvette> viper. true but still... the viper had a look about it that just made it its own car. i remember running across a viper forum when i was a wee lad. all those bad a$$ vipers. one guy even converted his to a 4 seater station wagon. what kid wouldn't like to go to school in a viper station wagon. "my dad could kick your dads butt.""oh yeah, well my dad's station wagon could kill your dad's car."

Comment

Originally posted by tmon930
                    this sucks. i know everybody here says corvette> viper. true but still... the viper had a look about it that just made it its own car. i remember running across a viper forum when i was a wee lad. all those bad a$$ vipers. one guy even converted his to a 4 seater station wagon. what kid wouldn't like to go to school in a viper station wagon. "my dad could kick your dads butt.""oh yeah, well my dad's station wagon could kill your dad's car."
                    :O Station wagon viper :tup: I would drive that I wont even lie, i'd drive it wherever I went

I think that if they dont have the viper, bring in the copperhead and let it run

Comment

guys this could be a start to the end to all these types of cars...the sales are down right across the board...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                        guys this could be a start to the end to all these types of cars...the sales are down right across the board...
                        Hope not, I dont wanna be able to say "the last of a dying breed" when referring to any car

Comment

this really isn't all that shocking. chrysler has other priorities, like the charger, challenger, and pickup line, that need resources. The zr1 pretty much trumps the viper across the board in performance, so its going to take away a lot of the viper sales. dont get me wrong, the viper is a badass car that i would feel privaleged to even drive, let alone own. It was an iconic car and one of the best that detroit had to offer for quite a while. but its getting behind the times... Chrysler has bigger things to worry about right now than a horsepower war with the vette... tho i do say this sounds a whole lot like a repeat of gm killing the camaro..
                          Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
                            this really isn't all that shocking. chrysler has other priorities, like the charger, challenger, and pickup line, that need resources. The zr1 pretty much trumps the viper across the board in performance, so its going to take away a lot of the viper sales. dont get me wrong, the viper is a badass car that i would feel privaleged to even drive, let alone own. It was an iconic car and one of the best that detroit had to offer for quite a while. but its getting behind the times... Chrysler has bigger things to worry about right now than a horsepower war with the vette... tho i do say this sounds a whole lot like a repeat of gm killing the camaro..
                            So if predictions are right then the viper will be re released in .... 2016? lol

Comment

viper is my favorite car of all time. this is sad. ive wanted viper since i was 5...and that was in 1993

ill still own one some day. they are just too baddassss not too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X