Brass Ice Scraper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Ice Scraper

Got an ice scraper with a brass blade for Christmas. Supposedly doesn't scratch the glass. Has to do with the hardness scale of metal and glass. Has anyone used one? I was kind of hesitant about it at first, but think I'll try it out. Forecast calls for freezing rain tonight, so I might try it in the morning. What do you think?
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Re: Brass Ice Scraper

Don't break the glass! Other than that you'll be ok

:)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006
      Got an ice scraper with a brass blade for Christmas. Supposedly doesn't scratch the glass. Has to do with the hardness scale of metal and glass. Has anyone used one? I was kind of hesitant about it at first, but think I'll try it out. Forecast calls for freezing rain tonight, so I might try it in the morning. What do you think?
      Mmm... mohs hardness scale. Glass is 5.5 on the scale (diamond is a perfect 10, talc is 1) while most steels sit at about 5 even. Brass is softer than steel, so you will have no problems at all with scratching.. hell you could use a razor as an ice scraper if you wanted to.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
      R.I.P. '07 Pats
      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

yeah. you should be fine.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I have one, just watch out for the rubber around the windows and you should be fine. Also make sure the blade on the scrapper dosent have any nicks in it, that might make the blade scratch the glass.
          Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Cool. Thanks guys. It's definitely better than my old ice scraper. Thing came with the car and had so many chips I could have turned it around and been better off using the handle against ice. :)
            '99 Camaro
            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by 99pewterv6
              I have one, just watch out for the rubber around the windows and you should be fine. Also make sure the blade on the scrapper dosent have any nicks in it, that might make the blade scratch the glass.
              Brass.. not harder than glass... cannot scratch...

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
              i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats
              Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X