This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: who do you want for president

if hillary gets elected im moving to canada, rudy, how he handled 911 says it all, that is what the world is today, its not gonna change, a "feminist" politician who wont leave her scumbag cheating husband shouldnt run this country

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
    89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
      fu(k morals. we need people who understand politics!
      im sick and tired of people who dont know sh!t about politics/the international system trying to tell everyone what we need. is it honestly that important to argue about whether a woman can or cant get an abortion when we have boys overseas getting blown up?

congratulations that some of you guys were raised in church, and because of this, thats what you believe. some of us were raised to see different viewpoints. i respect the fact that you are passionate about what you believe... but stop making it sound like there is nothing else in this world. yes yes, i know... im an infidel. sue me.
      We need people who actually care about this country and the people in it, whether Christian or not. Politics are a reason for a bunch of fat cats to sit up on the hill having meetings everyday. taking special interest money and getting rich off the american people, yet doing nothing for most of the population.. And that's Democrats and Republicans alike, as once you get them on the hill you can only tell them apart by the special interest money they take.
      2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor
        You are not really fair. You're playing that hypocrisy card when in truth you are no different. We, by nature are hypocrites, but the ideal this country holds to remains true to itself.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thing, but this country was founded because of Religion-mainly Christianity. The Catholics already established their Missions way before it was USA. The Mayflower--well you know the story.

The separation of Church and State actually means that the government can not manipulate or undermind religion in any way. Separation is to protect religion and not the other way around. Remember: IT'S FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND NOT FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!!!

The founding fathers, ALL OF THEM, were very religious men. They even pray before they start any meetings. The Declaration of Independence has the word God all over it. The Constitution was fashioned after the New Testament-found mostly on the Acts of the Apostles.

Like it or not this Christian ideal is what most of us have enjoyed for many years. Christianity is still the majority. Majority rules. If people with different religion or belief or agnostic/athiest don't like it - that's tough. They cames here to enjoy our ideal. It's like saying we shouldn't speak English because there are many other languages being spoken here.
        X2 I agree, with one exception.. The idea was to protect religion from the Government 1st.. as the Colonists didn't want another Church of England.. and to protect the Goverment from the State.. ie the Catholic Church bascially running most of Europein times prior.
        2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

we live in a country where religion and associated morals drive most policies, the abortion issue speaks for itself

76 Camaro Rally Sport-355/TH350- Soon to be LT1/TH350 with a little laughing gas to wake it up...;)
          89 Ram D350 CTD/M5- 1 Ton Dually getting 27 MPG's

Comment

You are not really fare. You're playing that hypocrisy card when in truth you are no different. We, by nature are hypocrites, but the ideal this country holds to remains true to itself.

I'm too lazy to read the whole thing, but this country was found because of Religion-mainly Christianity. The Catholics already established their Missions way before it was USA. The Mayflower--well you know the story.

The separation of Church and State actually means that the government can not manipulate or undermind religion in any way. Separation is to protect religion and not the other way around. Remember: IT'S FREEDOM OF RELIGION AND NOT FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!!!

The founding fathers, ALL OF THEM, were very religious men. They even pray before they start any meetings. The Declaration of Independence has the word God all over it. The Constitution was fashioned after the New Testament-found mostly on the Acts of the Apostles.

Like it or not this Christian ideal is what most of us have enjoyed for many years. Christianity is still the majority. Majority rules. If people with different religion or belief or egnostic/athiest don't like it - that's tough. They cames here to enjoy our ideal. It's like saying we shouldn't speak English because there are many other languages being spoken here.
            Im not a hypocrite, thats the last thing I am. I see what I see, hear what I hear, and don't believe in blind faith. Cause and effect, reason over faith, fact over myth. I stand firm across the board on my beliefs, while you live a life of double standards. You complain about taxes and immigration and whatever, but when the government needs you to bend a little, you are completely stubborn to the fact. This cannot be about you and what YOU want, you must understand what the greater whole needs. IF you understand what the greater whole needs, the the appropriate people can be elected to do so. Only thinking about yourself gets noone nowhere. Serves you great, while your community and nation suffer.

Now as for the founding fathers being religious, I just GAVE you quotes from their own books and teachings, stating their beliefs. They were religious, but not devout Christians. Sorry to burst your happy bubble, but they were for the majority free thinking people, they KNEW that religion can be used to BASE our government off of, but changes and amendments were created because of reason over faith. The proof is there, read a book.

The whole idea that religion should effect modern American government is a sick and twisted idea saved for extremist and fundamentalists. These people are one-sided and blinded by faith to open their eyes and stop looking at everything with tunnel vision. I hope that someone with some sense, who IS religious, will understand that religion has no place in our government, that they allow each citizen to fulfill their theological ideas of life WITHOUT the persecution, persuasion, or oppression of other religions. Its not right, its not fair, its not American.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird
            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

what does the U.S. do after something catostrophic like 9/11 ?

we pray.

The president asks for us to pray for our nation.

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident
                what does the U.S. do after something catostrophic like 9/11 ?

we pray.

The president asks for us to pray for our nation.
                No...we look for survivors, sifted rubble, and coordinated our defenses.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                  No...we look for survivors, sifted rubble, and coordinated our defenses.
                  what does everybody else do who isnt a firefighter, police officer, member of the national guard so on ect.. they pray!!

u wanna know why? cuz this country still looks to God. Its hypocrytical though that we ask him for help only when things go bad though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                    Im not a hypocrite, thats the last thing I am. I see what I see, hear what I hear, and don't believe in blind faith. Cause and effect, reason over faith, fact over myth. I stand firm across the board on my beliefs, while you live a life of double standards. You complain about taxes and immigration and whatever, but when the government needs you to bend a little, you are completely stubborn to the fact. This cannot be about you and what YOU want, you must understand what the greater whole needs. IF you understand what the greater whole needs, the the appropriate people can be elected to do so. Only thinking about yourself gets noone nowhere. Serves you great, while your community and nation suffer.

Now as for the founding fathers being religious, I just GAVE you quotes from their own books and teachings, stating their beliefs. They were religious, but not devout Christians. Sorry to burst your happy bubble, but they were for the majority free thinking people, they KNEW that religion can be used to BASE our government off of, but changes and amendments were created because of reason over faith. The proof is there, read a book.

The whole idea that religion should effect modern American government is a sick and twisted idea saved for extremist and fundamentalists. These people are one-sided and blinded by faith to open their eyes and stop looking at everything with tunnel vision. I hope that someone with some sense, who IS religious, will understand that religion has no place in our government, that they allow each citizen to fulfill their theological ideas of life WITHOUT the persecution, persuasion, or oppression of other religions. Its not right, its not fair, its not American.
                    And yet government uses religion as their founding morals, even to this day. No matter how time change Christianity morals still holds this country together. Take it away and watch how our morals deteriote. Just look at the all the sex base shows, liberal medias, and all the crap that's been going on in public schools.

Trust me you don't want to challenge me when it comes to the founding fathers and their religious belief. I used to teach history to Middle School students and I have tons of references I can point out to you. From Washington leading his soldiers to prayers to Lincoln writing letters to God expressing his frustration and to Franklin trying to discover God's way of creation.

It is Christianity that set this country up for its ideal and it still holds true today. Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

And yet government uses religion as their founding morals, even to this day. No matter how time change Christianity morals still holds this country together. Take it away and watch how our morals deteriote. Just look at the all the sex base shows, liberal medias, and all the crap that's been going on in public schools.

Trust me you don't want to challenge me when it comes to the founding fathers and their religious belief. I used to teach history to Middle School students and I have tons of references I can point out to you. From Washington leading his soldiers to prayers to Lincoln writing letters to God expressing his frustration and to Franklin trying to discover God's way of creation.

It is Christianity that set this country up for its ideal and it still holds true today. Freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

omg, pwned

Comment

You confuse religion with Christianity. Christianity is a religion, but a religion is not Christianity. They don't go both ways. Religion is defined as a set of common beliefs and practices, so when you say freedom of religion, not FROM religion, its a phrase that makes no sense. EVERYONE has some set of beliefs, WHAT those beliefs are is what seperates Christianity from other "religions". Its impossible to have freedom from religion, its like saying having freedom from any beliefs whatsoever. You can believe in God, or Christ, and that is your religion, or you can be an atheist and believe in it, and THAT can also be your religion. Freedom of religion is a point of view, there is no freedom from religion, if there was, you're medically brain dead, and don't have the ability to think.

As for your "tons of references", Im not sure where you got them from, but if I had to say, Id say you were teaching these kids wrong. Franklin was a Deist, he says it in his own autobiography, which I own and have read. I will give you a quote from it...

Some books against Deism fell into my hands; they were said to be the substance of sermons preached at Boyle's lectures. It happened that they wrought an effect on me quite contrary to what was intended by them; for the arguments of the deists, which were quoted to be refuted, appeared to me much stronger than the refutations; in short, I soon became a thorough deist."

Thats from Benjamin Franklin, one of the founding fathers of this nation, CLAIMING to be a Deist, NOT A CHRISTIAN. And whats sweet is that it is irrefutable evidence that you are WRONG, because that is from his own autobiography. I have another one from Thomas Jefferson...

“I should then take a view of the deism and ethics of the Jews, and show in what a degraded state they were, and the necessity they presented of a reformation. I should proceed to a view of the life, character, & doctrines of Jesus, who sensible of incorrectness of their ideas of the Deity, and of morality, endeavored to bring them to the principles of a pure deism, and juster notions of the attributes of God, to reform their moral doctrines to the standard of reason, justice & philanthropy, and to inculcate the belief of a future state.”

He basically states that Christianity should be set aside, and allow reason to influence our own government instead. Im not sure what evidence you can give me that would be better than quotes from their own mouths, because that the only way to prove me wrong. Accounts from the third-person point of view aren't going to work, because they can be misconstrude from person to person. All in all, I think Im right.

Who got pwned?
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

what does everybody else do who isnt a firefighter, police officer, member of the national guard so on ect.. they pray!!

u wanna know why? cuz this country still looks to God. Its hypocrytical though that we ask him for help only when things go bad though.
                          EVERYONE? you sure?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                            EVERYONE? you sure?
                            anybody who doesnt hate America..... ok maybe not EVERYONE but seriously even people who normally wouldnt pray would at a time like that i mean right?

Comment

omg, pwned
                              You should probably stop posting in an intelligent conversation if you don't have anything reasonably smart to say.
                              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                                You should probably stop posting in an intelligent conversation if you don't have anything reasonably smart to say.
                                hey tard, maybe you should actually read through the posts and realize i've been fighting my point for a while, maybe you should add something intellectual or just stay the hell out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X