test drove a LS2 GTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test drove a LS2 GTO

Stopped by the pontiac dealership yesterday and took out a 2005 GTO and man what a good time. They all know me there so they didn't come with me or take any of my official info down, just told me to come back in a little bit. I'll be honest, I didn't abuse it too much but I enjoyed it for about 30 minutes or so. Took it out some old state highways, man that thing moves. I strongly recommend taking one out if you got an hour or so to kill and see one on a lot, made for a good afternoon. :D
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: test drove a LS2 GTO

Awwsome man. My buddy's dad is putting an LS2 in a old Shelby Cobra. That thing is going to move. lol
    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

My buddy has an '06 goat. I've had plenty of rides in it and yes, those things definitely move! guy ran a 12.9 bone stock.. I've only driven it in the driveway, I'm waiting for him to let me take it for a spin :)
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

:D

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

I concur... :)

<a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Originally posted by JusFlyinBy
            I concur... :)
            Very nice goat! Nice vette in that flyby vid as well :drool:
            Have you run it at the track?
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
              Very nice goat! Nice vette in that flyby vid as well :drool:
              Have you run it at the track?
              Thanks. Haha, you caught the vette for that split second in the vid huh? Good eye!

Never been to the track, don't really have any interest to do so I guess. The vid was just to be an exhaust clip vid. It honestly wasn't my intent to keep spinning all the way thru second. You can hear me feathering the gas.
              <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

i want to test drive a corvette really bad! can you just go to a dealership and test drive a car no problem? i obviously havent tried yet
                Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

LS2s are pretty powerful engines...

i have a friend that got a 05 GTO @ the age of 17 and ended up wreaking it, while trying to drift. Months later, go a new one.

and my best friend who just turned 20 has a 2006 Corvette C6. Full borla exhaust and c6 z06 wheels. :drool:

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00
                    i want to test drive a corvette really bad! can you just go to a dealership and test drive a car no problem? i obviously havent tried yet
                    Yes if they think you are going to buy it. With a car like the C6 it's pretty unlikely a dealer will let you drive it even if you actually were serious about buying since you are young.

I went to the Caddy dealer to drive a CTS-V and they weren't having it. I was going because my friend was buying that car and I wanted to check it out while he was out of the country. He ended up buying it the week after I was there. On the other hand last time I was at the Subaru dealer (free oil change) my salesman let me take out the new WRX even though I told him I wasn't interested in buying it. We sat around and talked cars for a while after that. He is just trying to build a relationship so I buy my next car from him.

Anyway I'm rambling... your best bet to drive a C6 is probably to go to a GM event where they let you test cars. That's how I have driven 5 C6s.

Comment

Comment

I wonder what a dealer would do if I wanted to test drive one?

I know it'd cost a little more lol but you can always have it removed!!

Comment

Those GTOs arent that great with there weak rear end. Whats up with there 20+ pound skid plate. I take a ZR1 over a C6. C6 are a nice car dont get me wrong. But ZR1 goes up in value with around 6,800 built. Im still trying to find one theres a great deal on a blue one in chicago. I should buy it really, if it was white i would have.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X