study drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• study drugs

now that its finals time, im sure a bunch of people are dealing with this... i know on my campus the adderall trading business is thriving right now!

before college i was always very ant-study drugs. i was sure i didnt need them. now that im in college, with a roommate who does ZERO work, and friends always wanting to do stuff, its almost impossible to get work done. I find that i have very little time to do work, so when i do... i need to work fast. I dont have a prescription, but i have a lot of friends who have adderall/focalin/ritalin. I hate the idea, but these damn pills have helped me to do as well as ive done in college. I havent gone to bed yet... i was up studying for two hard exams, and writing a 12 page paper. 30g of adderall and a full throttle or two have me feeling fine. i have one of the exams in 2 hours, and then i cant go to bed because i have to study for the next one!

what do you guys think about it? i made an identical thread on a different board last year during finals time, and got a very negative response... but i know that the demographic of that board is very different. we have a lot of college students here... and if your colleges are anything like mine, im sure youve had a lot of exposure to this issue!
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Re: study drugs

I had friends who took adderall. I never did. I understand there are things you would rather be doing, but putting off work or studying isn't what you are there for.

I'm not looking down on you for it and I understand some times you don't have time to study for that next exam until late at night. I just personally never liked the idea of taking drugs to stay up.

Comment

well, there are studies that have shown that the state you are in when you learn the material, is the state that you should be in to best recall the same information. I've never taken a drug in my life, so I don't know how these substances affect you... But, if you wish to remember the stuff you are paying to learn, it may be best to do it the natural way... or live off coffee cause that seems to be how the real world works and you'll be on caffiene the rest of your life anyways..

course, if your options are staying awake and passing, or being tired and not alert when you study and failing.... i know which option i would choose..
      Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

ehh sounds like a waste of money....

the point of college is to be able to balance the work and all the problems in successful manner. The whole school is one giant test. If you make it through, you passed... if you flunk out, you don't.

I guess if it makes you pyschologically think you will do better its worth it...

only thing I ever did, was have a few drinks before some presentations in front of large groups. But I knew the stuff. Just try to stutter less, and be more relaxed.

DId lots of caffeine and all nighters working on a programming project, working bugs out.

Comment

Dude, I've been in college for 15+ years with a 3.8 in all three degrees. I have been in clubs, have a family, and a full time job. If you need drugs* to do you homework, you are DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

As Eric said, College is about learning and balancing priorities. I've been doing it successfully for years. Anyone that thinks they need drugs is not balancing properly.

*caffeine being the obvious exception.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

time management > drugs

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
              Dude, I've been in college for 15+ years

are you sure YOU'RE not doing something wrong?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I'm only on my first year in college, but I can tell you right now, Caffeine is your friend :P 2hr of sleep every night and then 6-10 Pepsi's during the day keeps my more alert than when I was in HS. Never done drugs, but I'm definitely addicted to caffeine. Went 2 days without any large amounts and started having withdrawal symptoms :(
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                  are you sure YOU'RE not doing something wrong?
                  That's to be debated. :)

Part time student, full time employee for most of it. I couldn't afford grad school so I've been doing it the hard way.

Comment

My kind of thread :naughty:
                    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                      That's to be debated. :)

Part time student, full time employee for most of it. I couldn't afford grad school so I've been doing it the hard way.
                      I feel ya...doin the exact same thing myself right now...I got the fulltime rotating 3 shifts going and part time night school....sometimes its a real *****...gotta invent more then 24hours in a day just to get things done sometimes lol

Comment

there is a difference between time management, and physically not being able to get work done. I dont watch tv and i dont play video games. if i am not working, its because im staring at my computer unable to concentrate because my roommate is blasting music or playing the guitar in my ear.

Im trying to get a single next semester, but im not sure if it will happen.
                        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                        2006 S60- Sold
                        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
                          there is a difference between time management, and physically not being able to get work done. I dont watch tv and i dont play video games. if i am not working, its because im staring at my computer unable to concentrate because my roommate is blasting music or playing the guitar in my ear.

Im trying to get a single next semester, but im not sure if it will happen.

or because your posting here lol...yea Im pretty much same way...dont have too much of a problem with time management its fitting my friends into the equation that is the problem...

anyways I dont agree with taking drugs to help keep you awake...but Im sure if I was the position I would consider...if its a pass or fail thing then hey...you gotta do what you gotta do...but then again Im also not a big fan of studying...the way I look at it is if you were in class and paying attention then you already know the stuff and just need to jog you memory by skimmin through it...you shouldnt have to study for hours trying to reteach this stuff to yourself...If its exam time and you dont know your **** by now you have problems you need to address...

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
                            Then manage your situation. Tell him to turn the music down; you pay to live in that room too. If that doesn't work, tell your RA. If that doesn't work, go to the library. Popping pills is your last option, not your first

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                              I feel ya...doin the exact same thing myself right now...I got the fulltime rotating 3 shifts going and part time night school....sometimes its a real *****...gotta invent more then 24hours in a day just to get things done sometimes lol
                              It's funny, I used to think college was so tough: managing friends, clubs, homework, etc. It was frickin preschool compared to taking classes, taking care of a house and a 3-year old, and managing a career. At least in college I got to drink a few nights a week. I need at least 48 hours per day to cram everything in. I often wonder to myself WTF I am doing.

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                              Then manage your situation. Tell him to turn the music down; you pay to live in that room too. If that doesn't work, tell your RA. If that doesn't work, go to the library. Popping pills is your last option, not your first
                              Well stated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X