Phoenix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix?

So.. I bought this car from my brother.. a black 98 camaro.. Just bought a turbo kit from Injected413.. Both down on their luck. My brother low on money from just starting out his marriage and buying his first house.. and Injected413 had his car totalled by a drunk driver while piecing together the turbo kit I just bought.. I was thinking about naming my new baby. Pheonix. I know, it's a Camaro.. a Firebird should be named Phoenix right? eh but look where its comming from..
    The definition of Phoenix is as follows:
    1. (sometimes initial capital letter) a mythical bird of great beauty fabled to live 500 or 600 years in the Arabian wilderness, to burn itself on a funeral pyre, and to rise from its ashes in the freshness of youth and live through another cycle of years: often an emblem of immortality or of reborn idealism or hope.
    2. (initial capital letter) Astronomy. a southern constellation between Hydrus and Sculptor.
    3. a person or thing of peerless beauty or excellence; paragon.
    4. a person or thing that has become renewed or restored after suffering calamity or apparent annihilation.

So.. being that the car.. not very well taken care of by my brother.. and the turbo kit with it's history. Pheonix could actually have some meaning as a name for it. So what do you guys think?

TEAM C6V6

Re: Phoenix?

Name it whatever you want, it's your car. I can see how it could work.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Its your car.....name it "Joan the dirty lens wipe" if you wants
      Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

why not go with paragon. A. it relates to phoenix. B. it sounds like a sweet transformer.
        Paragon-A model of excellence or perfection of a kind; a peerless example: a paragon of virtue.

IF you don't use it I might ;-)
        1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
        - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Seriously you name your cars? Come on wasn't that when you were 5? Does that work for you when you go on a date? Come on honey lets go take a ride in The Phoenix. That'll get em everytiume I bet.
          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
            So.. I bought this car from my brother.. a black 98 camaro.. Just bought a turbo kit from Injected413.. Both down on their luck. My brother low on money from just starting out his marriage and buying his first house.. and Injected413 had his car totalled by a drunk driver while piecing together the turbo kit I just bought.. I was thinking about naming my new baby. Pheonix. I know, it's a Camaro.. a Firebird should be named Phoenix right? eh but look where its comming from..
            The definition of Phoenix is as follows:
            1. (sometimes initial capital letter) a mythical bird of great beauty fabled to live 500 or 600 years in the Arabian wilderness, to burn itself on a funeral pyre, and to rise from its ashes in the freshness of youth and live through another cycle of years: often an emblem of immortality or of reborn idealism or hope.
            2. (initial capital letter) Astronomy. a southern constellation between Hydrus and Sculptor.
            3. a person or thing of peerless beauty or excellence; paragon.
            4. a person or thing that has become renewed or restored after suffering calamity or apparent annihilation.

So.. being that the car.. not very well taken care of by my brother.. and the turbo kit with it's history. Pheonix could actually have some meaning as a name for it. So what do you guys think?

I think you need to get laid man...lol...serioulsy way too much time on your hands if your naming your car

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Hmm, funny thing is.. It took me 3 minutes to come up with that.. and yeah I have a girlfriend. She's the one that took the blurry picture I use in my sig. So.. (in retaliation) how long does it take you guys to think up a paragraph? Btw, I wouldn't use "The" that just sounds stupid. What are you 5? BTW youngsc if you are interested in my libido you can PM me anytime, I'll be happy to share.. Hey, here's a little preview :drool: :banana: :spank: :rock: <Shocker. ANYWAYS yeah, im puttin that on my license plate if available.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

As a matter of fact I just turned 6. Yes I will PM so I can find out how you do what you do. Your girlfriend sounds cool can she make me a sig pic like yours? She will need to come to me to take the pic though. I'm just kidding man, to each their own nameing your car just isn't something I would make an announcement about. You don't refer to yourself in the third person do you like The Blizzard has entered the room, The Blizzard is leaving. All in good fun man, remember it's 5 o'clock somewhere.
                Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Heh, i don't get half as much crap here as I do at work with the jokes and general **** everyone gives each other. I was just looking for some opinions on it.. (I definitely got some) not an announcement. Speaking of 5 o'clock... The Blizzard is out.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Didn't Pontiac make a Pheonix in the early '80s? IIRC, it was a total piece of crap.

Just something to keep in mind.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                      Didn't Pontiac make a Pheonix in the early '80s? IIRC, it was a total piece of crap.

Just something to keep in mind.
                      ........they did.........it was....I'm out, peace yall
                      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was hoping that someone would mention cause I had no idea. We'll see..

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242
                          Hmm, funny thing is.. It took me 3 minutes to come up with that.. and yeah I have a girlfriend. She's the one that took the blurry picture I use in my sig. So.. (in retaliation) how long does it take you guys to think up a paragraph? Btw, I wouldn't use "The" that just sounds stupid. What are you 5? BTW youngsc if you are interested in my libido you can PM me anytime, I'll be happy to share.. Hey, here's a little preview :drool: :banana: :spank: :rock: <Shocker. ANYWAYS yeah, im puttin that on my license plate if available.
                          haha just cause you have a g/f doesnt mean you've been laid lol...but yea like someone said there was a car out named phoenix already...my dad used to have one...biggest POS ever...its the sole reason my dad vowed never to own a 2door car again...that and phoneix coyotes hockey team sucks ***...lol
                          but I suppose naming your car is more or less like getting a custom plate for it...and since I have one I cant really say too much

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                            haha just cause you have a g/f doesnt mean you've been laid lol...
                            Hahaha here's some macho bull****..
                            For me.. It does. Anyways....
                            Actually, I think I'm gonna propose to this one.. Shhhhh be quiet about that! The only thing she loves about cars is going to the track on the weekends thank God.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

yes name it PHEONIX, if youd like.

/of thread.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X