X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thought

this guy is a little misinformed on more than one account:

4th gens were built in Ste. Thérèse, Quebec, Canada

5th gens will be built in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, (not Toronto "to be exact")

Comment

yea... i always thought that 3rd and back were US made and that the 4th is canada along with the new one supposedly... so i think he is wrong

Comment

What's the deal with f-bodies and Canada? i mean, can't we just build them in Detroit or something? Not trying to offend any Canadians here, i am just curious.

:)
        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

No kidding. All the old american car factories are in ruins now. No money to tear them down. We need to quit outsourcing so much. What about building in Canada saves us so much money anyway?
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
            I know 4th gens were built in canada
            and In mexico to.:spank:

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
              No kidding. All the old american car factories are in ruins now. No money to tear them down. We need to quit outsourcing so much. What about building in Canada saves us so much money anyway?
              quality and efficiency saves money

Oshawa "won the JD Power Gold Award for initial quality in 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002; as well a numerous other individual awards for the specific models it produces. In 2007, the plant won silver for initial quality, and a Gold Best in Segment award for the Pontiac Grand Prix, and Bronze Best in Segment for the Monte Carlo. Harbour Consulting rated Oshawa #2 as the most efficient auto plant in North America in 2007. Oshawa #1 is the second most efficient in North America"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
                quality and efficiency saves money

Oshawa "won the JD Power Gold Award for initial quality in 2006, 2005, 2003, 2002; as well a numerous other individual awards for the specific models it produces. In 2007, the plant won silver for initial quality, and a Gold Best in Segment award for the Pontiac Grand Prix, and Bronze Best in Segment for the Monte Carlo. Harbour Consulting rated Oshawa #2 as the most efficient auto plant in North America in 2007. Oshawa #1 is the second most efficient in North America"
                So what exactly are you saying, without my assumption....
                1995 Pontiac Firebird
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                  So what exactly are you saying, without my assumption....
                  I'm not sure what your assumption would be. He wanted to know how GM saves money by producing cars in Canada. If Canadian plants make quality cars (meaning less recalls and fewer repairs under warranty) and can do so more efficiently (by using Canada's abundance of hydro power, fewer problems with unions, etc), this means GM's bottom line is higher.

Comment

fewer problems with unions
                    Thats what I was looking for, I didn't even have to say it. Canadian GM plants are represented by the same UAW as here in the US.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                      Thats what I was looking for, I didn't even have to say it. Canadian GM plants are represented by the same UAW as here in the US.
                      Canadian GM workers are unionized under the CAW...whether its affiliated or not with the UAW...I don't know.

Anyways, regardless of unions, for whatever reason the three GM plants on this side of the border do a good job of making quality cars, and they do so efficiently. That still answers the original question.

Comment

Canadian GM workers are unionized under the CAW...whether its affiliated or not with the UAW...I don't know.

Anyways, regardless of unions, for whatever reason the three GM plants on this side of the border do a good job of making quality cars, and they do so efficiently. That still answers the original question.
                        The only logical reason that can be true, is obviously because the only people that work at those plants are former americans who fled to dodge the draft back in the '60s. There is no other explanation, seeing as canadians could not do such work.

If any of this is taken seriously, whomever does take it seriously should probably leave the internet.
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

ha ha

yes, as punishment all American draft dodgers are sent to work in our GM production plants. No wonder they're all so skeptical of "the man" at the car plants.

Comment

ha ha

yes, as punishment all American draft dodgers are sent to work in our GM production plants. No wonder they're all so skeptical of "the man" at the car plants.
                            LMAO!!! ^^^ Thats great although all the draft dodgers should be becoming old farts now?

Comment

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad
                              LMAO!!! ^^^ Thats great although all the draft dodgers should be becoming old farts now?
                              And all of the GM Union workers aren't? Isn't that the reason GM is (was?) falling apart, pensions?
                              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                                And all of the GM Union workers aren't? Isn't that the reason GM is (was?) falling apart, pensions?
                                Could very well have been

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X