Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which to pick for my xmas gift!?

i'm torn folks...ok, basically...

i play bass in a band, and i gig 2-3 weekends a month...my current rig is an Ampeg BA115 combo (amp/speaker cab combo, 15" sub, 100W), and a hand-built cab w/ a 12"...this pretty much aint loud enough, so i plan on gettin an additional 4x10" cab to stack on the Ampeg, and run both off of an external head...

our drummer's dad kinda manages the band right now, and purchases equipment when we need it, so here's my decision; do i...A) purchase the cab, and let him purchase the head, or B) purchase the head and let him get the cab...pick the head/cab combo u think i should go with...if u have any experience with bass, music, or know someone who does, i'd love the opinions!
    Hartke 4x10 Transporter series cab
    100.00%
    Gallien-Krueger 4x10BLX II cab
    0.00%
    Gallien-Krueger backline 300W head
    0.00%
    Kustom Deepend series 200W head
    0.00%
    Last edited by 95astrovan; 12-05-2007, 03:18 AM.

Re: which to pick for my xmas gift!?

you pick your x-mas gifts?

Why not just ask for cash and buy what you want. Better yet, if someone gives you cash, and you give them cash, then why exchange money at all.

Just go buy what you want with your own money and say F x-mas. That's what I do. :banana:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

i dont understand this emo giberish

Comment

unfortunately I can't really give you a very meaningful opinion, as I have only had experience with one brand. My old bassist had a KUSTOM amp. It really had a nice sound to it and could get pretty loud. It was no top-of-the-line model, but for the cost, I think it was a great amp.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Get the hartke, I have only heard great things about those heads/cabs. I have never been impressed with Kustom, nor do I think the majority of the people have. And blackline is a second tier product that GK makes, there is better than that. Personally if i were you (and had the money) I would get this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ack?sku=481310

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X