Looking at a 1995 Camaro V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at a 1995 Camaro V6

Ok so I'm purchasing my first car and I noticed a nice 1995 Teal Chevy Camaro with a V6. Now I know cars but I'm not as knowledgable on Camaro's/Chevy's but I am in engines and stuff(mainly in imports).

Please tell me all the things you know about the '95 V6 Camaro.

Re: Looking at a 1995 Camaro V6

what do you want to know about them?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

there is this cool little button at the top of the page called search, you should checl out. any way is it a 3.8l or a 3.4l

Comment

Well tell me about how it is.Tell me the features of it and how it would be for someone who wants to go to the track on the weekend but is my first car.

Currently the VW crowd is winning in selling me the Golf I'm looking at.

Comment

Well I recently picked up mine about three weeks ago and so far I like it as a daily driver.

The only thing I can say is this is more of a "Drivers" car than the V8 models, the V8's are more weekend warrior kind of cars the V6 is something you would be driving on a daily basis is what iv'e got out of the car so far, its got some good performance(The 3.8 model that is) for what it is sure its not the V8's but for a V6 its not bad at all iam suprized with this car and what its delievered so far since ownership. However I don't recomend racing from a dig nor to hard at that cause you might hurt it.

I guess it really depending on whats your mission if your looking for something more for track use/daily driver I would recomend that you buy an Mr2 insead, they are pretty good cars, lightweight, good gas mileage and they will hold there own against anything less of a V8 especially the turbo charged models but if you go with those get a 91-96model. Trust me don't go for a VW unless its a nasty bug.

Comment

Ok,well I am trying to find specifics about the engine and suspension. How is the intereor built? Cassette or CD Player?

Comment

Originally posted by V6FBody Maybe...
              Ok,well I am trying to find specifics about the engine and suspension. How is the intereor built? Cassette or CD Player?

Depends on condition mine didn't even come with a Cassette or CD player! They had to install an aftermarket application for that so i couldn't tell you.

The interior is the typical GM qualitly with as much plastic as the eye can see :rolleyes: for me being a heavy guy i think its very comfrable to drive on a daily basis for being just a sportscar it can hold me in there do I can't see anything wrong with that.

Keep in mind Fbodys where never great handling cars so don't expect it to handle like a Ferrari:( in a straight line is where this cars perfermance really excells at though, iam impressed with it.

If your looking for anything more specific you can always use the sreach engine on the site or google it.

Comment

Go test drive the one you're looking at, then get back to us with questions...that will be much more productive than just asking us to spew everything about a 1995 camaro..

Comment

Ehh Is there a back seat? Is it easy to get to and you know(winkwink)?

Things aren't looking good for this Camaro.

I may look for a cheap T/A on Autotrader/Craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by V6FBody Maybe...
                    Ehh Is there a back seat? Is it easy to get to and you know(winkwink)?
                    Ok, Now I'm thoroughly convinced you've never seen a Camaro in person. Seriously, go test drive one. That will tell you much more than any of us could ever type out

Comment

So basically you know absolutely nothing about the Camaro? My suggestion is to go onto eBay and look at some of the cars (that'll show what they look like and what features they come with), then look under the body/appearance section of this site then go to the link your cardomain/fquick and check out some of their cars for performance and upgrade ideas. Sorry for the long post but again thats just my 2 cents
                      1996 Silver Camaro RS, A4, K&N CAI, Flowtech exhaust, !MAF screen.

http://www.fquick.com/96silverbullet

Comment

No, there isn't a back seat.

What there is though, is an insurance reducer back there.
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I chose the Camaro as my first car and there's never been a day I've regretted it. Nothing major has gone bad with mine, and the 3800II engine was ranked in the top 10 in the world and is a beast. the 3.8 with a modest 200hp pulls the car through the 1/4th mile in the mid 15 second range, unless it's equipped with the Y87 package, knocking a few tenths off that time. however Y87 wasn't available in 95, so don't worry about that.
                          There's a possibility (highly probable) that this 95 is a 3.4L. The 3.4 is another beasty engine, often lasting well over 200K miles, but with only 160hp from the factory struggles to the pull the 3300lb car a 1/4th mile in the middle 16 second range. Both engines are peppy, but the 3.8 has an obvious foot ahead.

The handling is decent, and with minor work can be pretty decent, thanks in part to the good weight distribution.

Really, no there is no back seat, but the front seats recline to almost flat which i think is pretty cool.

The best thing to do is to decide for yourself. Go test drive it and compare it to the other cars you're looking at.
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Get the Camaro...at least take it for a spin, the 3.4 is nothing special IMO get a 3.8 (96+) or v8

...a golf? you serious?

Originally posted by auto666
                            there is this cool little button at the top of the page called search, you should checl out. any way is it a 3.8l or a 3.4l
                            thats an ironic statement
                            1999 Camaro Z/28
                            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

HA this thread is funny. The OP sounds like a winner.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X