anyone know if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know if...

a 4.3 v6 will bolt to a 700r4 that came off a sbc chevy?

EDIT: and does anyone know where I can buy a fuel pump sock (fuel pump filter/strain) without buying the whole damn pump assembly?
    Last edited by badinfluenceRS; 12-03-2007, 12:50 AM.
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Re: anyone know if...

Although I can't answer your question, I'm curious to know where this engine would be going.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

my friends 305 took a **** in his chevy fullsize

he has a 700r4 from a v8 and i'm looking for an engine for him. I can find a 4.3 for cheap, I'm pretty sure it will bolt up but not certain
      1999 Camaro Z/28
      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

iirc it will.....what are your plans ?
        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
          my friends 305 took a **** in his chevy fullsize

he has a 700r4 from a v8 and i'm looking for an engine for him. I can find a 4.3 for cheap, I'm pretty sure it will bolt up but not certain
          wait if its the v8 the housing is alot wider,ull need a new tranny casing and a few little odds and ends
          u can make it work though
          <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

bellhousing is built into tranny. He's not getting one of those adapter plates.

I know they make a 700r4 that has a small bellhousing for 2.8/3.1 and 4 banger s10's but the 4.3 shares alot w/ the 350 so i thought the bellhousing would bolt up

EDIT: 2nd question, anyone know?
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
              bellhousing is built into tranny. He's not getting one of those adapter plates.

I know they make a 700r4 that has a small bellhousing for 2.8/3.1 and 4 banger s10's but the 4.3 shares alot w/ the 350 so i thought the bellhousing would bolt up
              thats what i mean, u gotta change that whoel top cover.... same with my lt1 we just changed the top cover of it....cheaper....check out the back the 4.3 might actually be wider then? i dunno if not and u cant find a bolt up caseing then u might have no choice but to make a plate

Comment

All the links i searched google with were outdated and errors came up but i did find this
                http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/v6...0-4-3l-v6.html

which make me believe that i am right (4.3 uses a "V8" transmission)
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X