Might Have A New Job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might Have A New Job...

at this place near my house installing stereos and security systems and all that stuff..... anyone ever work at one....how was it?
    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Re: Might Have A New Job...

That sounds interested. never done it but it doesn't sound too bad.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

cool... sounds nice...:)

Comment

never a big fan of working someone else car. I always think that if I mess up something, it's a hassle. But you might like it though.

:)
        09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
        sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
          never a big fan of working someone else car.
          same here...I even get paranoid when i'm working on my dad's car
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
            same here...I even get paranoid when i'm working on my dad's car
            well i gotta get used to that anyways,its what i wanna do with my life haha not stereos,but mechanics...that or keep building bikes ...im gettign really into workin on the bike to..... but yeah ...u just gotta be extra careful u know no big deal
            <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I did for about 6 months, when I was 19. I liked doing the installs, but the other co-workers, some guys in their 30's and 40's always gave me sh!t and tried to play jokes all the time. Were always trying to piss me off since I was the new kid. So that part I didn't like, ended up finally, one of the guys messed with my car and I finally blew up and pretty much tried to beat his a$$ before the owner stepped in. So I just walked out and quit.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411
                the other co-workers, some guys in their 30's and 40's always gave me sh!t and tried to play jokes all the time. Were always trying to piss me off since I was the new kid.
                I can def see that. When I took my first camaro to circuit city to get amp and stereo installed, the shop chief was being a douche to the other installer. He pretended like he knew everything in the whole wide world. I say give it a try. If you don't like it, u can quit. You can always find another job.

:)
                09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
                  well i gotta get used to that anyways,its what i wanna do with my life haha not stereos,but mechanics...that or keep building bikes ...im gettign really into workin on the bike to..... but yeah ...u just gotta be extra careful u know no big deal
                  yea i'm sure once you get the hang of it, sound like a cool job..alot better than my 'job'
                  1999 Camaro Z/28
                  1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

yeah i wouldn't want to work on anyones car, unless they were there with me helping or watching. to much stuff can come back on you.
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

:banana: i start tommorrow woot!...**** mcdonalds

Comment

yeah.. sounds good man.. i mean, theres a hell of a lot worse things you could be doing (mcd's included).. My one coworker used to do that down in Kingston.. was pullin in between 45-50k a year installing stereos and competition quality stuff with custom enclosures and dvd's and ****.. and like everyone else said, if you dont like it, its not like you have to stay.

and plus if you work for a shop, its their insurance that covers it. so you wont be out if you screw it up.

are you workin for a small shop, or a large retailer like circuit city?
                        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

I worked for a local shop many years ago. If you have a passion for it, you'll love it. If your just doing it 'cause it's a cool job, it'll get old pretty quick.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
                            are you workin for a small shop, or a large retailer like circuit city?
                            a smaller shop, it does other stuff to like remote staters,alarms,stereos,dvd,tvs, ect.... anything really electronic

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
                              a smaller shop, it does other stuff to like remote staters,alarms,stereos,dvd,tvs, ect.... anything really electronic
                              yup... sounds like what my coworker did.. once you get in there and know what you are doing, you'll start makin some good money as long as the shop has some customers with spare cash.. should be a fun job
                              Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X