computer gurus inside, video errors with vista aero...need help. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

computer gurus inside, video errors with vista aero...need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer gurus inside, video errors with vista aero...need help.

This came out of nowhere....now, it only happens with the windows aero theme enabled......but, with windows aero disabled if you try to view fullscreen video in WMP or in windows media center, it puts those same little marks all over the screen. Anyone heard of this???

and yes, I've checked drivers, this/that, you name it.....been happening for a couple weeks now, haven't seen anything that even remotely resembles my problem.......

this computer has been running fine with aero for many, many, many months now...so I'm at a loss.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Re: computer gurus inside, video errors with vista aero...need help.

Could be hardware related. Have you tried a different video card yet?
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Originally posted by TealV6
      Could be hardware related. Have you tried a different video card yet?

not yet....I'm doubtful though....currently runnning ubuntu in VMware with no problems at all.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Sounds like your running dual boot.... if the *nix side is fine... level the Vista and start over. There's a reason many are not running to Vista with open arms and why M$ has extended the time that companies can get XP licenses.
        FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
        Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
        Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Something about the aero theme and your drivers/hardware don't agree. You said the problem came about recently? It was working fine previously? Have you tried reinstalling your drivers? I don't find it probable that it's the video card, because it seems if it was a problem with the hardware, it would put the dots everywhere, but as it is, it doesn't go over the solid icons or the overlays on the right..
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            4 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X