Just bought my first one!. n00b here. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought my first one!. n00b here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first one!. n00b here.

Hi

Iam new to this forum, well known throughout the Lamborghini and Ferrari forums and last weekend I just bought my first V6powered Camaro with the 3.8 powerplant and love it!. In the past I have owned the V8 fbodys but never got the chance to enjoy them and sort of was broughtup believing the V6 models where the watered down editions.

Well that all changed when I rode in an 89 Turbo T/A with the 3.8 Grand National motor, I thought this car would be slow but after riding in the that car not only was I scared but I was hooked and wanted to do a V6 Fbody for my next car. I tired to buy a Grand National but I knew if I did that would take a serious blow to the funds I have invested for my next car that I have in mind. So far all the haters hate me so I looked around and found this forum and thought why not? Iam getting tired of hearing "You should have bought a Honda accord" So I want to find out more about my car and what it can do and to hell with Hondas(No offense to anyone that has one I just don't like them much)

I Also own a 1984 Pontiac Fiero 2M4 which orginally was bought to build a replicar on but its going to take sometime before that project is done in the meantime I love my 3.8V6 camaro as a daily driver and a weekend warrior.

Last but not least there's this ricer kid who really wants a shot at my new camaro and he owns a sunfire with a cheesey intake(Probably doesn't even work) How much power does a typical 3.8V6 fbody makes? also my car is much louder than normal when I bought it almost sounds like a V8!. Could that be an aftermarket exhaust? or should I get it check out or is this just the way a 3.8 V6 sounds like from the factory?. The night I first had it the locals though I had an SS.

Re: Just bought my first one!. n00b here.

Stock 3.8s get around 200 horsepower, and im sure someones done aftermarket work to the exhaust, they arnt that loud stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera
      So I want to find out more about my car and what it can do and to hell with Hondas(No offense to anyone that has one I just don't like them much)
      Sound like you'll fit in just fine around here. :D Check the Forced Induction and Nitrous sections for info. Also our timeslip page is informative. Do lots of "searches" on info too. Welcome!

Btw, can you give me a good Ferrari site to check out?
      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
        Sound like you'll fit in just fine around here. :D Check the Forced Induction and Nitrous sections for info. Also our timeslip page is informative. Do lots of "searches" on info too. Welcome!

Btw, can you give me a good Ferrari site to check out?

Yeah Iv'e always hated the Vtecs since the Fast and the furious movment started.

My suggestions for a decent Ferrari forum is www.ferrarichat.com I will advise you will run into a few *******s here and their on that forum but other than that they are pretty laid back over their. You can atleast voice your own opinion without getting banned.:rock:

Comment

Welcome aboard :wavey: Do you have any pics of the new car?
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

welcome welcome welcome. there is alot that can be done to our cars to take them to the brink and back
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Welcome! :wavey:

Throw some pics up when you get the chance.

Comment

Welcome!!!
                Stephane<br />1999 Camaro m5 Black/Red<br />1999 GSX-R 750 Black/Red

Comment

welcome. pics or bannn

Comment

welcome man...pics of the car.....and how come ur known on the lambo and ferrari boards ? have one of them to? lol or just like them?
                    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Welcome to the site! Theres a lot of info here and alot of people who know even more. Depending on what you do, you can make these cars FAST. Low to mid 15s are normal for stock, low 14s for some moderatly modded NA engines, and there are a few members in the low 12's with FI and NO2. They're quick if you want them to be!

Originally posted by Pantera
                      Last but not least there's this ricer kid who really wants a shot at my new camaro and he owns a sunfire with a cheesey intake(Probably doesn't even work) How much power does a typical 3.8V6 fbody makes? also my car is much louder than normal when I bought it almost sounds like a V8!. Could that be an aftermarket exhaust? or should I get it check out or is this just the way a 3.8 V6 sounds like from the factory?. The night I first had it the locals though I had an SS.
                      Just a heads up, this board takes a STRONG stance against street racing. Keep it on the track. Posting stories about street racing gets the threads locked or deleted.
                      You'll take him fer sure, especially top end. He'll probably keep close thru first gear cuz 4 bangers are geared so tightly (to make up for lower torque) but after that you'll never see him again.

If you wanna start modding, this is the order we usually recommend: intake (CAI, whisper lid, P&P upper and lower intake) and then exhaust (2.5 or 2.75" is good enuf. any larger and you lose everything low end).
                      Once your engine can breathe, normally people get cams, heads, valves, tighter rear end ratio for the track... etc. Those alone should get you to low 14s. After that you get more serious with tuners, FI and NO2. You'll definately wanna lower it and use sub-frame connectors if you have t-tops or a droptop to control body roll. Lower control arms in the rear to keep the *** end firmly planted and you've got one MEAN machine.
                      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

welcome to the board!! post some pics for us!! all four sides of the car AND the engine bay ;) we wanna see

come get some
                        http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

welcome! cant wait to see pics.
                          Dave:
                          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
                            welcome man...pics of the car.....and how come ur known on the lambo and ferrari boards ? have one of them to? lol or just like them?
                            wondering the exact same

Comment

welcome...lets see some pics...what years the car...and throw up some pics of the ferraris and lambo's if you own em to...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                4 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X