iPhone Users Inside!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone Users Inside!!!

As reluctant as I am to get one, I am considering an iPhone. Now...the one thing that I am looking for, or actually what kind of responses I am looking for, is the quality of the sound in the music played on the iPhone. I REALLY want an MP3 phone, atleast something that plays MP3's. I have been without my iPod for about a month now, and I am honestly going thru withdrawls because of it. I have had an MP3 player attached to myself for a long time, LONG before they were popular.

I know there are a few iPhone users on here, please tell me how well this thing is with music, and if anyone knows of a phone that would be ideal for both communications and playing MP3's, feel free to share that as well, but I am looking for more info from iPhone users.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Re: iPhone Users Inside!!!

the iPhone is pretty decent for everything. i can't give input to sound quality tho, as I've never used the MP3 player function. I can say though, it tends to dial numbers out of the pocket, but it seems a lot of phones do that unless they are flip. Honestly I don't really know how it manages that since you have to drag the unlock switch to do so, but it does.

One thing I will say though, is if you have big fingers, the keyboard on it is terrible. I had a terrible time putting in the full phone book (since it doesn't accept smart chips.) I got better toward the end, but it was still a pain.

I will say though, it's nice to have full access to the internet and everything.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

honestly look for alternatives... from what I have seen iphone is garbage... maybe hang out and see if it improves.

If you "have" to have an mp3 phone, my LG CU500 is pretty damn good. Works just fine,

3g, internet capable, exterior battery, removable storage(I just hook the min SD to my computer then tranfser mp3s over then put it into my phone and I am good to go. And its the size of a razor. Sound quality is fine, just doesn't have the storage of my 30gig ipod, but then again what phone does?

iphone is not 3g capable, has internal battery that if it goes out(think of how often you use an mp3 player/phone, that battery gets kind of crappy after a year or so. You will have to mail it in and I think its a $150 battery replacement fee.

I say wait for the next version to come out and I thiink there is another company that is making a iphone ripoff but supposedly improves all the downfalls.

and if you are looking into the "more then a phone" category... the treos and all its competitors blow the iphone away.

Comment

nokia E70.

relevant to E70 and iphone

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

first of all what phone service?

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

you have to go thru at&t for the iblow

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
              honestly look for alternatives... from what I have seen iphone is garbage... maybe hang out and see if it improves.

If you "have" to have an mp3 phone, my LG CU500 is pretty damn good. Works just fine,

3g, internet capable, exterior battery, removable storage(I just hook the min SD to my computer then tranfser mp3s over then put it into my phone and I am good to go. And its the size of a razor. Sound quality is fine, just doesn't have the storage of my 30gig ipod, but then again what phone does?

iphone is not 3g capable, has internal battery that if it goes out(think of how often you use an mp3 player/phone, that battery gets kind of crappy after a year or so. You will have to mail it in and I think its a $150 battery replacement fee.

I say wait for the next version to come out and I thiink there is another company that is making a iphone ripoff but supposedly improves all the downfalls.

and if you are looking into the "more then a phone" category... the treos and all its competitors blow the iphone away.
              Do I have to have a MP3 phone, not like the need to eat, but it would be ideal. I was getting tired of carrying a phone AND an iPod, and this time around I need something a little more like a PDA. I am forgetting appointments, numbers, notes here and there, so a phone that I can use as a PDA, a phone, and an MP3 player would be best for me, but above else, I need an MP3 player. Only problem I have yet to completely understand is the sound quality of an MP3 phone. I listen to music quite often, and I am VERY particular of sound quality because I take my music seriously, so if the phone simply plays the music, and has the very least of controls over the quality of the sound, its f'ing useless to me. This is why I have been persuaded to go with an iPhone, because I know that Apple has proven themselves with the iPod, and I can't see the phone being much different than the 5 gen iPod when it comes to sound quality. Not sure about the other phones in all honesty.
              1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

I just sing.
                I have the motorola razr for fun and blackberry for work..... so singing is my only option
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Iphone is the sh*t! I can never go back to regular cellphone or even pda phones after using this iphone. It's got full google/satelite thingy which helps me out alot. It's got one of the most sophisticated web browser till date. Both my workplace has wifi and when browsing through wifi, it's as fast as comcast cable. All your email account within a touch of your finger. I love the ipod portion of the phone. But It only gives you 8 GB. I don't know if thats good enough for you. I spent more than $700 to get my iphone (cancellations from sprint etc) and I think it's worth every SINGLE penny! Dude, get it. You'll def love it.

:)
                  09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

I don't need 8gig of memory, if I do get one, it will probably be the 4gig. I change my music around constantly, so there is no need for 8gig. But how is the sound quality? Does the iPhone have the same features as in an equalizer and such as the iPod?
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

If you want alot of the other features of a PDA, seriously go with something else... a new phone that is out I think its called the "centro" is pretty compact, but just as capable as the treo/blackberry.

As for sound quality, they will all sound fine, just get quality headphones, thats why an ipod sounds decent. Put some ****ty headphones on an ipod and it sucks, use ipod headphones on something else and it will sound fine.

I believe its verizon which is coming out with the iphone ripoff thats a million times better

PS look into it, most of the pda phones have windows based options where you can run windows programs.

Comment

When it comes to headphones, im probably going to ask for some BOSE headphones. I don't f*** around with my music, and even when I had my iPod, I had some decent Sony headphones. I don't use earbuds, dont like things in my ear.

BTW, the Verizon phone you are talking about is the LG Voyager. I think the phone is pretty nice, but I don't care too much for Verizon service, its currently what I have now, and I have problems with it everywhere. I can clear this up for you, if I were to get a PDA phone, I want either AT&T, or Sprint, and if it is a Sprint phone, it needs DirecTalk capabilities.
                        Last edited by Mogobs30th; 11-18-2007, 07:22 PM.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Sprint definitely has the Treo or the smaller version I was talking about, i think its the centro....

we have a hookup at my work with sprint, and they all have these phones... the treo is great... but kind of buggy.... the new centro thing is pretty cool, the 3 people that got them love them and no bugs, but got them like 2 weeks ago.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting a LG Voyager when it comes out. Verizon has the best coverage in my area so I want to stick with them.

I was seriously considering an iPhone, but the fact that it won't run on a 3G network pretty much kills it for me. Otherwise I would buy one and jailbreak it. Do you know anyone with AT&T in your area? You may want to talk to them before signing a contract. The fact that 20% of iPhones purchased are being hacked to run on other networks says alot.

Comment

**** the iPhone. I dont know what service it's coming out for but microsoft is putting out a zune type phone. zunes are better than gay *** iPods. so the phone should be fonging awesome!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X