09 Tiburon will have 300 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 09 Tiburon will have 300 HP

That concept pic made me :drool: But then I saw the real car and ehh.. just ok-looking to me. Kinda disappointing. Anyway, what's the deal with the Tiburons? I heard they have some issues... ?
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

its a hyundai, thats the issue

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Please elaborate. People say that about GM all the time too.
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

dunno, i had a sonata for a rental and it was a peice of crap, so im pretty much putting all hyundais in the same category based on that one car. :D

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          Or this

Comment

Well, I know one of my students had a brand new Tibby that his parents bought him. It looked real nice. It was silver. Out of nowhere, it wouldn't start for him. He had a few other issues with it too and the kids would make fun of him. A few other people told me they are crappy cars too.
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

they're junk... simply put
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I don't think it looks all that bad, but for that kind of money, I'd much rather save it and put a down payment on a new Camaro.
                1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

funny thing is an old buddy of mine sold his firebird to get one!

Comment

That new one reminds me of a Pontiac G6 for some reason...

And 300 HP out of a 3.8 shouldn't be all that hard, Nissan gets ~300 out of a 3.5L in the 350Z. It runs on premium fuel sure, but they did get the 300 mark in a 3.5 6er.

Comment

Originally posted by squisher

And 300 HP out of a 3.8 shouldn't be all that hard, Nissan gets ~300 out of a 3.5L in the 350Z. It runs on premium fuel sure, but they did get the 300 mark in a 3.5 6er.
                      Yeah, and since they squeezed every single HP out of the 3.5 liter V6, people attempt to mod them performance wise and see little to no gains.

Hell it takes twin turbos to run 12s for a 350z
                      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by squisher

ya but it takes a DOHC motor with 14.5:1 compression to get there. as said above, they arent mod friendly at all. ive seen numerous ones with full bolt ons at the track and not one of them can break into the 13s. fastest one ive seen was supercharged and he was only running 12.9-13.0

Follow me!
                        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                          ya but it takes a DOHC motor with 14.5:1 compression to get there. as said above, they arent mod friendly at all. ive seen numerous ones with full bolt ons at the track and not one of them can break into the 13s. fastest one ive seen was supercharged and he was only running 12.9-13.0
                          Cosworth is making blocks for them now. They dropped the compression so you can run a lot more boost without popping the engine. Of course changing to a cosworth block is a pretty serious mod and I doubt you will ever run into a 350Z with one.

Comment

and in the end it's still a Hyundai..
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                              and in the end it's still a Hyundai..
                              Anyone else remember when they pronounced their name "Hi Un Day" instead of "Hun Day". They switched when the company was in the tank, I assume to sound more like Honda and confuse people (which works, btw).

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

enough hyundai bashing,i work at the alabama hyundai plant and the cars we build are DAMN fine cars.i know because i work in the quailty dept.my gm vehicles (02 trans am 05 monte carlo ss)wouldn't even pass the body flush and gap inspections.i know hyundai built junk years ago but the cars they produce now are equal to toyota and honda and ahead of gm and ford.the sonata v6 produces 235h.p. from just 3.3L with no turbo or supercharger and probably keep up if not outrun with my supercharged 3.8L monte carlo.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X