Chili Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chili Recipe

So we are having a chili cook-off at work and the winner goes up against the zone and then that winner gets a trip to hawaii

Give me your best chili recipe and remember that all the employees vote on the best chili and most of the people I work with don't like spicy chili :( and thats the only chili I make. My famous Widowmaker will not win with these softcakes... so give me a great recipe.

Who knows... if your recipe wins me a trip then I will take you... or just tell you i didn't win and go anyways
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: Chili Recipe

open a can of hormel and poor it in a bowl, instant winner!

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I'm not giving you my recipe but I will give you a secret. Cook it over night so everything is nice and flavorful. Then put in the fridge for a day or so. Then reheat it and serve. Chilli is always better once its been cooled down once.

* I don't recommend doing this for personal use do to the fact you should only re-heat something once, but for a competition, it's a winner :naughty:
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
        I'm not giving you my recipe but I will give you a secret. Cook it over night so everything is nice and flavorful. Then put in the fridge for a day or so. Then reheat it and serve. Chilli is always better once its been cooled down once.

* I don't recommend doing this for personal use do to the fact you should only re-heat something once, but for a competition, it's a winner :naughty:
        I always give my chili 24 hours... I just made some with 1 clove garlic, 1 sweet onion, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 lb lean beef, 2 teaspoon jalepeno juice, pinch of salt and pepper, 16 ounce tomato sauce, 1 cup water, and a few small ingredients...

what else could I add... its not that spicy, actually its a little too sweet from the garlic...
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
          I always give my chili 24 hours... I just made some with 1 clove garlic, 1 sweet onion, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 lb lean beef, 2 teaspoon jalepeno juice, pinch of salt and pepper, 16 ounce tomato sauce, 1 cup water, and a few small ingredients...

what else could I add... its not that spicy, actually its a little too sweet from the garlic...
          dont for get to add lots of love

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

You need a big pot. (This will make about 12-15 decent sized servings.)

1. Meatloaf mix: pork, beef, veal (usually 3lbs. when I make it.)
            Fry up the meat in a pan and drain in a collander to drain the excess fat out.

2. In the separate large soup pot, add 2 chili seasoning packets (McCormick). Mix mild and hot together with about 3 or 4 cans of crushed tomatoes. *MAKE SURE you get the DelMonte little crushed tomatoes with garlic and oregano. (they look like square little chunks). That makes all the difference in the world. You can add a can of Delmonte tomato sauce in there to make it a little more "saucy" if you want. < Just make sure you use DelMonte! It tastes the best.
            3. Add Red kidney beans from a can (Progresso is good) into the sauce. I usually rinse the beans first in a collander before adding them into the sauce.

4.Cook everything together over the stove on low to medium heat for about 30 minutes or so. (whenever it begins to boil).

I then put the chili over some cooked rice and add cheddar cheese on top and then microwave it so the cheese melts. Then I put Tostito chips around it so that you can dip the chips into the chili...like nachos...MMMMMMMMM...
            You can also add sliced jalapenos and minced scallion on top!!!

I know what I'm making this week!!! :D

Trust me on this. I will no longer eat chili in a restaurant because I know there is no comparison to how I make it! This is the easiest way to make the best tasting, most natural chili without going crazy. Will they be asking you for the recipe? Using the chili mix "might" be cheating... but hey... it works and it works WELL.
            Last edited by Shirl; 11-06-2007, 03:15 PM.
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

here are 2 recipes over on seatstaysup.
              http://seatstaysup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5500
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Use your "special" chocolate chip cookie recipe. You may not win, but the judges will certainly lose.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                  Use your "special" chocolate chip cookie recipe. You may not win, but the judges will certainly lose.
                  anyone ever see that one southpark with the chile cook off hahahaha

Comment

Shirl: they won't ask for the recipe... so therefore I'm gonna go all out with whatever I can get... maybe I will go to the corner tonight and find some special herbs.

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                      Shirl: they won't ask for the recipe... so therefore I'm gonna go all out with whatever I can get... maybe I will go to the corner tonight and find some special herbs.
                      how special lol

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                        anyone ever see that one southpark with the chile cook off hahahaha
                        An interesting idea. Any pony farms by you Josh?

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                          An interesting idea. Any pony farms by you Josh?
                          no but I know where there is an ostrich farm

Comment

Try the good eats recipe off foodtv.com
                            Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                            Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

If you don't like your co-workers..... add ex-lax
                              If you do..... add weed
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X