I love the Camaro, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the Camaro, but....

OK, here's the deal. My dad has a 97 Silverado that he's been trying to get rid of for almost 2 months, and we haven't had one call on it. I love that truck, it's a black standard cab sport side (short bed and step side), with brand new bedliner (him and I put it in 2 days before we put it up for sale), new diamond plate bedrails (all around, including behind the cab and the tailgate), chrome handles (doors and tailgate), new carpet, new black Euros tails, Flowmaster exhaust, newer transmission (~20K miles), and an after market CD player. About the only thing the truck needs visually, IMO, is a set of clear headlights/turnsignals, and some rims. Then add a cold air intake and hypertech to it, and it'd be set. Now, ever since I was a kid, I've wanted a truck, and since I live out in a rural area on a beat up dirt road, a truck would be recommended. So, I was thinking about selling my Camaro and getting his truck. My Camaro just hit 100K, his truck has like 140K on it. I love my Camaro and don't want to get rid of it, but I feel the suspension's getting beat to death on my road, it doesn't stay clean (used to wash it every weekend, but with school I don't have as much time, and it ends up dirty as hell with-in 3 days, so I don't see the point anymore), but I also like the style of the truck, and it's got decent power (5.3L Vortech engine, IIRC). Plus, we have our 97 Z-28 convertible that we are supposed to be building up as a weekend warrior, and a 86 Z-28 that's going to be our dedicated track car, so I won't be too far from speed. What do you guys think I should do? I don't want to get rid of the Camaro, but I feel it may sell better than the truck, possibly for more, and I hate not being able to take care of it as often as it should be. Hell, I'm just over 10K since my last oil change (Y-pipe was in the way of the drain bolt, and haven't messed with it since). Trucks are generally built more rugged and take a bit more abuse, which is why I think one's suited for my way of living ATM. What do you guys think I should do. I haven't even talked to my parents about this, I just got bored in class and started thinking about it. But, I think they may agree with me. Only problem I see is that the truck doesn't get too great of gas mileage, but I'm hoping that's due to the fact it's never been seafoamed or anything, air cleaner's probably real dirty, and hopefully a tune and CAI will bump it up a few more MPG. If I could pull 22ish highway, then I should be fine.

Sorry, for the long *** post, but I'm seriously debating this and was wondering what you guys think. I love the car, but don't love watching it get beat to death :(.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: I love the Camaro, but....

From the way you write it seems like you already made up your mind. Plus if you have to camaros already why not have a truck, take the extra money and do sumthin with it?
    1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
    - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Take the truck... it suits your needs better and besides that... you'll need something to haul your new camaro in about 10 years ;)
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Blah, blah, blah...
        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

why are you trying to justify this to us?
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
            why are you trying to justify this to us?
            hes at the same place that i am... i love my camaro to death, but im looking around more and more and seeing that a 4dr sedan or an SUV/truck would be alot more appropriate for what im going to be doing in the next couple years. sometimes i feel like i might just be losing my mind and need someone to slap me upside the head and say " :twak: you're wrong, keep the camaro"
            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
              hes at the same place that i am... i love my camaro to death, but im looking around more and more and seeing that a 4dr sedan or an SUV/truck would be alot more appropriate for what im going to be doing in the next couple years. sometimes i feel like i might just be losing my mind and need someone to slap me upside the head and say " :twak: you're wrong, keep the camaro"
              Same here man. I love the car, but in a sense, need to get rid of it. But, the Camaro does alot better on gas than the truck does, and that's pretty damn important right now. The LT1 is technically my parents, but I already have them agreeing to let me drive it atleast once a week :D. And then the track car is for the whole family (mainly me and my dad, but we're trying ot get my brother into it). I'm just trying to debate if it'd be worth it to switch, gas wise I guess. IDK, why I posted it on here, I'm just trying to think things out for what's best in the long run I guess. And we haul the car with my mom's Suburban to the track, so that's no problem there.
              ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
              A few things

Comment

just keep it because you probably can't get much for it...
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

cliff notes please????
                  Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                  nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                  2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                  2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Originally posted by 12secondv6
                    cliff notes please????

has camaro
                    dad is sell truck
                    he always wanted truck
                    sell camaro and take truck?
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                      has camaro
                      dad is sell truck
                      he always wanted truck
                      sell camaro and take truck?
                      Truck not selling, Camaro might sell better, and possibly for more
                      Camaro's being beat to death because of the ****ty road I live on
                      It's slowly dying, but I do have future plans on resurrecting it

Right now, the only thing holding me back is gas mileage, and parent's say (haven't asked them yet, will tonight). I'm going to do some research and see what kind of mileage I should be getting from the truck after fresh oil, filters, etc and compare that to what I'm getting right now. I know it won't be the same, but I may be able to live with it.
                      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                      A few things

Comment

Looks like I'm gonna keep the car. My mom claims they're in deep financial trouble right now, and I was trying to help them out (save $2K a year on insurance, get a bit more for my car than the truck, etc), but she says I should stick with my car. I also told her the main reason why I want to get rid of it is because the suspension's getting ruined on our road, and she said for Christmas, we'll start redoing the set-up :D
                        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                        A few things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X