How much would it cost? Front end Conversion - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would it cost? Front end Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would it cost? Front end Conversion

In the stickies there were the link to the pics and how to's. But i'm just curious cause i'm thinkin bout doin this...How much does it cost? like junkyard prices for the fenders hood and headlights? Is it worth even doing?

Re: How much would it cost? Front end Conversion

i would think that it would be at least 3k. for all the parts and then paint.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

search around ovwer winter.... ebay, junk yards u know...u can prolly piece it together for 2 with paint maybe less if ur lucky ....go for it
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
        search around ovwer winter.... ebay, junk yards u know...u can prolly piece it together for 2 with paint maybe less if ur lucky ....go for it

yeah, April's Z (sorry, forgot your real name :( ) did it on his ride, lots of deal making. Just hit up the ol networking and save some $$$. Sell off your old stuff to keep costs down.
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

Fenders-averaged about $34 each
          Stock hood-about $250
          Bumper-$38
          Headlights-150

so parts look to be just about $506

Is there anything else i'm missing?

I can take care of the paint work :)

Comment

Front Harness...
            2000 Firebird. Whisper Lid, True duals, TSP mail order tune, Built Tranny , TCI 2800 stall verter, B&M tranny cooler, Eaton LSD, 3.42 gears. Current best ET. 15.232 89.09 MPH 2.175 60ft on stock 3.42\'s and open diff.<a href=\"http://www.geocities.c

Comment

the biggest line-item on your list is going to be paint...so if you can color match the parts you're looking for, that will dramatically cut your total costs

Comment

Originally posted by Timbo1969
                Front Harness...
                yea 9/10 people forget this until they try to plug their headlights in. HAHA.
                Dave:
                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

take your time and check ls1tech, ebay, and this site plus junkyards for the parts to match the color and it will be real cheap.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

lol didn't think bout the harness. I've already got paint where i had my car painted, I can't color match it unless somebody has used the same exact paint as me with the same amount of metallic. I could find one close but i wouldn't think close enough lol my colors gotta match exactly or it will bug me.

Lol i actually found a better solution just about 20 minutes ago...I found 1999 V6 car im lookin into.

Comment

i know theres alot or cars being parted out right now in the for sale section, forgot what their asking prices of stuff were... seemed reasonable though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X