3 cops shot in 4 days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 cops shot in 4 days.

in the last 4 days, 3 philly cops where shot. wtf. all he did was walked into a dunkin dounut(it's been robbed and he was just checking in on them) while it was being robbed and was shot in the head. The guy that shot the cop had the balls to leave the scene, come back and took his gun then left again. he got away. there was a cop couple of months ago who got shot in the face, the cop got up, and chased and got the guy that shot him. philly has the highs murder rate in the country. it's at about 350 so far this god damn freaking year. we're only at day 304. that is over 1 murder a day.

i was raised to respect police. if they show up to break up a party, or just to rain on your parade, you still have to respect them. why would you even think about shooting them. They are looked at as a hero when your younger. that should never change. they will always be there to help you.I come from a family of cops, this issue is scary. wtf

i just don't know what is going on in this world anymore. the day that guy jumped out of the bushes at me, my soon-to-brother inlaw(lives with me) got a gun pulled on his a few block a way from my house. i don't freaking understand.

how can you hurt someone in general? i can't even hurt an fly. i'm not kidding. a fly...i will let live.

I do live in philadelphia, but i'm in the northeast(burbs) which is one block a way from the city limits. but still! my husband and i are looking for a new home, OUT OF PHILADELPHIA!

(there was a lady reporter who as the commish, if he was in dd getting donuts) she has f@cking ball.
    Last edited by kristen; 11-07-2007, 06:38 AM.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Re: 3 cops shot in 4 days.

yeah... society has been in a pretty radical downward trend since, in my opinion, the 60's... And until we start doing reintroducing values and morals back into society, the decline will certainly continue...

If you want a good movie to watch, check out "idiocity".. horrible horrible acting, sorta funny, but the idea behind the movie is good..

Good luck getting out of Philly!!!! Sounds like its about time to leave your neighborhood..
    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

I have been to Detroit, New Orleans, Brooklyn, and now DC, but from what i can tell, and the heck with statistics: there is no meaner American city than the City of Brotherly Love. Hands down.
      And like the other 'Burgs above, they have really digressed during the Bush years...

Comment

we dont' like out of towners lol. "welcome to philly, now go the f$ck home!" lol

it's a very beautiful and nice city. just don't go to certain parts. like all cities
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Breaking News... The Cop Just Died!
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

move to long island, pretty damn safe here
            1997 Camaro LS1 RS
            1994 Camaro - Sold
            1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

I agree with respecting a police officer, I dont ever remember being treated unfairly with one, they never write me tickets....EVEN WHEN I WENT WOT IN THE CORBA PAST ONE, BLOWER SCREAM AND EVERYTHING. Told me he knows its a fast car and to have fun with it but be careful.

Comment

move to Toronto...city is the bomb...plus, we have a better hockey team then philly (soon) :D

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Although I am sympathetic to the police, I think a lot of the hatred towards cops stems from the fact that they treat different segments of the population very differently. Ppl like you and me (white, middle-class, born and raised in the suburbs) have a very hard time understanding how someone could hate a police officer, but we don't know what its like for the kinds of ppl constantly targetted by the police. When growing up how many times did your parents tell you to find a police officer when you were in trouble? What do minority parents have to tell their kids regarding the police? Show your hands, put them on the steering wheel, don't look suspicious or draw attention. The story is very different. This doesn't justify killing a cop, but I guess it helps more privileged ppl understand that the cops aren't heros in everyone's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                    philly has the highs murder rate in the country. it's at about 350 so far this god damn freaking year. we're only at day 304. that is over 1 murder a day.
                    No, they don't. New Orleans does. Depending on what city size you include they're not even in the top 10. Not saying it's not a dangerous place to live.

Baltimore and Washington DC are in the top 10 however. And I'm right in the middle of them, 20 minutes away from each. I try to stay out of the bad areas for the most part.

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                    move to Toronto...city is the bomb...plus, we have a better hockey team then philly (soon) :D
                    But it's in Canada. Canada sucks.
                    2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

i'm not saying death rates, it's murder rates. that talk how we're #1 so far this year. not that its' something to brag about.

and growing up i was far from middle class. but i wasn't in the really bad off. i made myself who i am today. and it shoudn't matter if your in the projects or if your in bel air, your a f*cking human, act like it. respect EVERYONE!

FLYER BABY!!!
                      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE
                        Philly is 7-3 and Toronto is 5-5...haha...what a typical Toronto fan.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen

and growing up i was far from middle class. but i wasn't in the really bad off. i made myself who i am today. and it shoudn't matter if your in the projects or if your in bel air, your a f*cking human, act like it. respect EVERYONE!

FLYER BABY!!!
                          I guess I'm just trying to say that respect is a two-way street. Cops need to respect ppl too if they want it back. The badge doesn't necessarily allow them to behave as they please and still merit respect. (and i'm not trying to say that the cop who was shot did anything to deserve it...I'm just saying in general the police don't always act in a respectful manner towards all segments of the population)

Comment

Originally posted by mloaks
                            I have been to Detroit, New Orleans, Brooklyn, and now DC, but from what i can tell, and the heck with statistics: there is no meaner American city than the City of Brotherly Love. Hands down.
                            And like the other 'Burgs above, they have really digressed during the Bush years...
                            lol you havent really spent time in detroit. I grew up in a suburb and now i live in Flint. #2 and 3 most dangerous cities in the US. Philly definately isnt as bad. We havent had all the cops shot this year as Philly has but it happens more often than you think. Plus, if you throw Pontiac in there too, you have like a triumvorate of dangerous cities all less than an hour from each other. Our piss poor economy right now isn't exactly helping things and our governor is about as sharp as a bowling ball, so we're all basically screwed...
                            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Come to FL... http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...045#post776045

Rob
                              \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X