Me and my GF got Underage Possession of Alcohol charges......advice needed! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Me and my GF got Underage Possession of Alcohol charges......advice needed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my GF got Underage Possession of Alcohol charges......advice needed!

First of all we live in Virginia..near Richmond.

In september we went to a party. We were invited by her coworker. His name is Jeff and he is 24. The party was at Jeff's friend's house. Mind you, even though I am 19 and my gf is 20..we really aren't the type who go and get ****ed up every weekend or ever for that matter. Neither of us do drugs and neither of us really drink. But we decided that since he had asked us many times to join him, we would just go for a little saturday night fun.

Well first of all let me say the parking was in a field behind the house and there was only one way in/out which is through the homeowners driveway.

So my gf was not going to drink, because she had planned on driving home which is about 10-15 minutes from this place I am drinking at.

I'm playing some beer pong and at this point have probably consumed about 3 beers. I then go and get a mixed drink..it was a shot of vodka and some kind of apple pucker mixer. And some kind of cherry stuff I don't know but it was actually pretty good.

At this point my g/f has tasted my mixed drink and decides that she would like one of her own but with a very very low amount of alcohol.

So she gets this girl to make her one (there is a guy and a girl there who actually work as bartenders somewhere).

So now I have finished my drink and my gf has had about half of hers, which had not even 1/2 a shot of vodka in it.

The cops show up. Well, one cop. Apparently he talked to the homeowner and said "we got a report of underage drinking going on here" and the homeowner told him nobody was underage.

So the cop left.

I'm like what happened and the guy tells me what the cop said and said the cop was really cool and that there was no problem.

So I go to the "bartenders" and have them make me a long island iced tea. I had never had one. Great drink.

Just after finishing my drink the cop is back. Someone comes in and says the "cops" are outside and want to see everyone's I.D.

I tell the homeowner I'm not 21 nor is my gf. He says go in my bathroom in my room there are 2 girls in there hiding too.

So we do. I was afraid to go out the side door because I thought there were more than one this time, and I wasn't trying to run from them with my gf with me. If it was just me I would have bailed, but I had to watchover my girl.

Anyways the dumbass homeowner lets the cop search the house (without a warrant), knowing where he put us. Well now there are only 3 of us in the bathroom..one girl just left dont know where she went..and I can hear the cop talking to the homeowner outside the bathroom and hes like "what is behind this door?" and the guy says "my bathroom". The cop tries to open it but we had locked it, and he knocks and says who's in there. The homeowner says I don't know. Then we open it up and he asks us our age and if we had been drinking and to just be honest.

So we all said our ages and my gf was like I had a sip of a mixed drink, and I said I had some beer playing beer pong. And the other girl was like I had a mixed drink.

He said well yall hiding in here is not good it doesnt look good. If you would have come outside and talked to me I probably would have let you go but because you were hiding I'm going to have to issue you a summons.

Anyways time goes by as he writes all of our info down for the summons and breathalizes us.

I blew a .037
    My gf blew a .002
    The other girl blew a .035

The legal limit for someone who is 21 or above to drive under is either .02 or .05 in virginia I can't remember. I think its .02 for underage people so you dont get a DUI.

However any amount in your system is liable to get an Underage Possession of Alcohol charge in VA.

He wrote no one for Drunk In Public..but asked us who served us the alcohol. We were like we don't know their names, we don't even know but one person here. So he didn't even try to find out who supplied it, and just warned the homeowner.

So then he let us drive home, LOL???!

We go to court Dec. 18

My girl talked to a lawyer, he says im screwed, and she might be able to get off because of such a low amount in her system..literally Niquil could put your BAC at as much as she had.

Punishment for this CLASS 1 MISDEMEANER charge is a choice between 50 hours of community service or a $500 fine. If license suspended minimum of 6 months, not more than a year. Possible AA classes.

I would do anything to have this charge not on my record..Ill do 1000 hours of community service I don't care..I'll pay for my mistakes.

But I am going to school right now for an Associates in Criminal Justice, because I am getting into a career as a Police Officer.

I don't want to NOT be hired because this will be on my record.

Any advice? Sorry for such a a long thread.

Re: Me and my GF got Underage Possession of Alcohol charges......advice needed!

Originally posted by NkTyson06
    Any advice?
    Wait until you're 21 to drink?

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
      Wait until you're 21 to drink?
      Beat me to it!
      ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

dont get caught? or run when u hear the cops r there?

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

just drink at ur house when u know nothing would happen.. That is all.

Comment

honestly i had to laugh at some parts... but these are your mistakes...
            1- going in the first place
            2- drinking
            3- staying after the cop showed up, continuing to drink
            4- tried to hide in a bathroom

well... i would just try not to lie when you go, and make it pretty evident that you don't want it on your record, and you would do much more than needed to not have it on your record...

ps... i don't know about you, but if i was in that situation, it would scare the **** outta me... like when the cops came the second time... and started searching... good luck i guess :)

Comment

You hid in a locked bathroom? I remember a cop showing up because of a fight, there was weed, coke, everything everywhere. Guess where I was when the cop showed up....NOT IN THE F'ING HOUSE!!!
              1995 Pontiac Firebird
              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Drinking underage ftl...not worth getting in trouble over.

Comment

you = fudged.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

well I thank you all for the responses..even though some weren't so helpful. Telling me to wait until I am 21 to drink does not help my situation. Granted it can avoid future situations no doubt. But I'm looking for any advice as to what to say to the judge?

Comment

theres not much you can say. just admit you were wrong and hope he's in a good mood that day and pray for the longshot that he might just throw it out.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

yeah thats what i figured. I know theyve heard everything in the book. Thats why I am scared cause I dunno what to say lol

Comment

Originally posted by NkTyson06
                          yeah thats what i figured. I know theyve heard everything in the book. Thats why I am scared cause I dunno what to say lol
                          don't lie... just tell them you drank some beer, and that you really don't want it on your record, and youll do extra service or w/e for it... thats what i would say... but in my opinion.. yeah.. your pretty much screwed already

Comment

yea. depending on judges, some can be cool. remember, even though you dont think it, adults have been there and done that. tell them that you didnt want to go in the first place, but he kept pushing so you went, and it was a very big mistake and you will never drink again underage, and you apologize greatly and are will to do any amount of community service to not get this put on your record, and dont forget to mention that your aspiring to be a police officer.. blah blah blah

go like that and you should have a fairly good chance to get off the hook..

is this a first offense?

also you said this is a misdemeanor. now im not 100% how laws and whatnot work up there, but down here you can pay a lawyer like 1000 bux to get a misdemeanor taken off your record.
                            WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

[nelson]HA-HA![/nelson]

serious note... I am just jumping on the computer to look up some torque specs... so didn't read the story...

I got busted at a concert, tailgaiting, me and my friends had a **** ton of alcohol. funny thing is at my court date ran into a friend from school that got busted at the same venue, but a week earlier at another concert.

Whats even crazier... is this venue was in west palm ~100 miles from our highschool. maybe 120 miles from my school, at UCF, and a good 300ish miles from his school at FSU.

Either way he had a lawyer, he already had a DUI on his record. His lawyer, plea bargained for community service and for it to be expunged form the record. I talked to his friend and his lawyer said he would help me and my friends out too. (we all representing ourselves) since it was simple.

He filed early, we got to cut in line over everyone since we had lawyers, and all got the same deal.

I just had to pick up dime bags in the ghetto of west palm(honestly was a pretty freaky ghetto, got some great stories from that day if anyone is intersted) nothing on my record.

But then agian 2 of my roomates got busted in orlando, in seminole county, they got ****ed, like $400 in fines, Community service and on their records.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X