to ls1 or not ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to ls1 or not ls1

ok so i am working in a junkyard. and today was my first and long behold what does the tow truck bring in a 02 z28 with only 39k on the clock. well i told my boss i was intrested in the buying the car and he said i would have it for 1000 so should i pull the motor and tranny and drop it in my 93? how hard would it be and what all would i need from the donor car?

Re: to ls1 or not ls1

Get the whole car if you can.

What's wrong with it?
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Honestly if you can get that kind of car for $1000, I would probably end up buying replacement parts for whats damaged, haha.

Comment

im with 00 flow

Comment

if its not a total loss, rebuild it dummy.

if not, pull everything and swap that ****.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

I wouldn't do it. I've been reading up on them a lot on this site, and learned a lot about them. They are worse off than your 3.4L. They weight like 900 pounds more than the engine you got, and get about 4 mpg. Also, after you swap the engine, your car wouldn't be able to turn any corners without doing a 3-point turn, and the car literally goes airborne over small speed bumps. If you just get a 3.8, and do intake and exhaust you'd keep up with an LS1 Camaro just fine. Throw some headers on there and they'll always be seeing your taillights.
            2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$
              I wouldn't do it. I've been reading up on them a lot on this site, and learned a lot about them. They are worse off than your 3.4L. They weight like 900 pounds more than the engine you got, and get about 4 mpg. Also, after you swap the engine, your car wouldn't be able to turn any corners without doing a 3-point turn, and the car literally goes airborne over small speed bumps. If you just get a 3.8, and do intake and exhaust you'd keep up with an LS1 Camaro just fine. Throw some headers on there and they'll always be seeing your taillights.
              Everything said in this post is incorrect. All I can say is WOW!
              1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
              Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroRob97
                yea, cuz you do realize that he was joking, right?

Comment

I say...

buy the car for $1k... Part the ***** out (you could get $2500-3500 for the engine/tranny/harness) part the rest out, another $1-2k. Then sell your car. For $2-3k or whatever...

then buy an ls1.

My opinion... newest ls1 is 6 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                    I say...

buy the car for $1k... Part the ***** out (you could get $2500-3500 for the engine/tranny/harness) part the rest out, another $1-2k. Then sell your car. For $2-3k or whatever...

then buy an ls1.

My opinion... newest ls1 is 6 years old.
                    swaps are terrible... DONT DO A SWAP!!!!!... part it out and sell it and buy one that runs im with him
                    <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4
                      ok so i am working in a junkyard. and today was my first and long behold what does the tow truck bring in a 02 z28 with only 39k on the clock. well i told my boss i was intrested in the buying the car and he said i would have it for 1000 so should i pull the motor and tranny and drop it in my 93? how hard would it be and what all would i need from the donor car?
                      How bad is the damage to the car? If it was a front end collision, the motor (could) be damaged. Just make sure. Seems like a great deal if everything works out. Go for it. :tup:
                      2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                      1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                      2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                      2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                      2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

the car is not repairable the person thot he could beat a train well he didnt so the whole back of the car is crushed he was lucky he lived

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4
                          the car is not repairable the person thot he could beat a train well he didnt so the whole back of the car is crushed he was lucky he lived
                          wow! **** right hes lucky... i bet hes like "i got this sweet z28... i can beat that train..." but i say do the swap and part out the rest of it :)

Comment

Originally posted by WishIHad$$$

Rob i think you missed the sarcasm bus. :poke:

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
                              swaps are terrible... DONT DO A SWAP!!!!!... part it out and sell it and buy one that runs im with him
                              they r terrible if u pay some1 else to do the swap and then not do everythin at once...then they r horroble....just dont b like him

87 Firebird RIP
                              96 Camaro RS RIP
                              94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                              02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X