Tmj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tmj

does anyone on here have tmj(Temporo-Mandibular Joint)? this is a very common problem i'm told. i just found out that this has been my problem for the past month and a half now. my ears have been killing me all the way down into my neck. i've tryed heat and different pain killers but nothing is helping once my ears start to hurt.

how do you deal with it?

if you don't know what this is. here is a little info.

http://www.entnet.org/healthinfo/topics/tmj.cfm
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Re: Tmj

heard of it, never known anyone to have it.

Comment

I just live with it. I need braces and that helps sometimes, but most of the time it requires surgery on your jaw.

Comment

yeah i know about the surg. but mine isn't anywhere near that bad. i just don't wanna let it get that far.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i've had it all my life. it's cuz you're grinding your teeth. i grind my teeth so much at night that the enamel has worn off and i gotta get veneers or something so my teeth always hurt. I wear a mouthgard to protect my teeth while i sleep, but really, nothings gonna stop it completely other than behavior changes. just watch yourself and make a concious effort to relax and stop stressing out. the only time your teeth should touch is when you're chewing.
          basically, chill out and dont let things stress you and watch yourself to make sure you dont do it subconsiously. It's like being obese kinda. Short of surgery, no pills or w/e are gonna substitute for diet/exercise.
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

I have TMJ. It's annoying as **** sometimes especially with the ringing in the ears. I've pretty much had it all my life, so I just deal with it.

The ony thing I do is avoid places that play music or shows with high pitches.

I hear there is a way to correct TMJ by wearing a night guard. It'll relieve some pain while you sleep, and also prevent you from grinding your back teeth. I had one made by my othordontist, but I haven't used it all that much.

Comment

Camaro Dom is correct by the way, destressing helps the most. :p Smile more!

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
                i've had it all my life. it's cuz you're grinding your teeth. i grind my teeth so much at night that the enamel has worn off and i gotta get veneers or something so my teeth always hurt. I wear a mouthgard to protect my teeth while i sleep, but really, nothings gonna stop it completely other than behavior changes. just watch yourself and make a concious effort to relax and stop stressing out. the only time your teeth should touch is when you're chewing.
                basically, chill out and dont let things stress you and watch yourself to make sure you dont do it subconsiously. It's like being obese kinda. Short of surgery, no pills or w/e are gonna substitute for diet/exercise.
                i do the same thing. a few years back i was grinding my teeth so hard in my sleep i cracked a wisdom tooth in half because of it. i spent the rest of the night with half of my pillow shoved in my mouth and in pain like no other.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

Originally posted by IICODECll
                  Camaro Dom is correct by the way, destressing helps the most. :p Smile more!
                  What he's trying to say is re-frickin-lax, Kristen! Stop getting so upset over handwashing and washroom etiquette! :stp: :wavey:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

damn... sounds ****ty.... I'll be nice and hold back on the TMJ jokes...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                      What he's trying to say is re-frickin-lax, Kristen! Stop getting so upset over handwashing and washroom etiquette! :stp: :wavey:
                      I know :|

Comment

i guess about a month and a half ago i did have alot of extra stress, but i've been kool for a while now. and it hasn't been as bad.

i know that i don't grind my teeth in my sleep. (been told) i do sleep walk and talk! lol.

hopefully once 10/26 is gone everything should be back to normal.(union vote)
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

What do you do for work?

Comment

Originally posted by IICODECll
                            What do you do for work?
                            She is Salt in a Salt & Peppa cover group. Damn good too.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                              She is Salt in a Salt & Peppa cover group. Damn good too.

and your pepper~

i'm a medical supplies coordinator at a nursing home. i've been training alot of new people, and got more paper work pushed my way. oh and i have been working 53 hour weeks instead of my normal 40. that doesn't include ot for when i have "extra" meetings. so it's just now that i've got a perfect handle on things again
                              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X