Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fastest in v6

Originally posted by '97RedBird
    Another for 118. I just wanted to see what it felt like. I haven't come close to that in a long time.
    So is there a governor on these cars? I got it up to 120 and didn't want to go any faster so I don't know if I could have gone faster or not.

Comment

i hit the limiter in my 3.4 before just to see how much it had...then i over heated and slowed down and then when i got back down to speed limit i saw a cop so i was lucky :-p...i dont do that often btu i just had to see
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by ramy
        So is there a governor on these cars? I got it up to 120 and didn't want to go any faster so I don't know if I could have gone faster or not.
        118mph is the limiter on the 3.8

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

only 105 in the camaro

175 in my old trans am but thats y i traded it for a v6 camaro, when your capable of going that fast you want to and i didnt really feel like going to jail so the easiest thing to do is get rid of the car

Comment

Originally posted by triskit527
            only 105 in the camaro

175 in my old trans am but thats y i traded it for a v6 camaro, when your capable of going that fast you want to and i didnt really feel like going to jail so the easiest thing to do is get rid of the car
            sounds smart...

Comment

Originally posted by triskit527
              only 105 in the camaro

theres a thing called self control
              <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I've had my car up to 155mph. Fastest I've ever gone in a car was 175mph in my friend's Porsche. Fastest I've gone on wheels is 192mph on my old CBR954RR. Fastest I've EVER gone (Betting no-one will top this): 1050mph or approximately Mach 1.7 :D This was in a CF-18, my father was a fighter pilot.
                Last edited by Dawizman; 10-10-2007, 11:56 PM.
                Representin' Team Red In The North

Red '96 Pontiac Firebird "Smokeshow" 3800, M5, Far From Stock!!

Black/Red '89 Jeep Cherokee "Tigerclaw" Chev 327, Turbo 400... Stock What??

Black/Red '02 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade

Comment

Originally posted by Dawizman
                  Fastest I've gone on wheels is 192mph on my old CBR954RR.
                  This is just my opinion, but doing that is just stupid. I have gone 95 on my bike and than realized how dumb I was so I slowed down. If anything were to happen going that fast your gone.
                  -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Fastest I've EVER gone (Betting no-one will top this): 1050mph or approximately Mach 1.7 :D This was in a CF-18, my father was a fighter pilot.
                    You canadians must be pretty liberal with that type of stuff. U.S. fighter have to get clearance to break the speed of sound over U.S. soil. It happens occasionally but not to often. I.ve gone .95 Mach in a F-15. Right when the sound waves start to form on wings and nose. You rode in a CF-18B, right? I'm assuming this happened where your at now. Was your father a Nighthawk or Cougar?

I find it interesting that you state the MPH and then say or approximately the Mach. You do realize that is backwards, right? Unless you know the temperature and altitude you can not state the MPH as it changes with these factors. The higher you are the easier it is to attain Mach. So this means you don't have to go as "fast" to still get to Mach.
                    Originally posted by kala
                    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                    parting her out

Comment

I reset my speed limiter to 90 mph on the Camaro... LOL

I alot t for work, taking highways for like 30-40 min early morning and late at night.... I found my self too many times being comfortable, cruiseing at 100-110. I was very focused but just sitting at that speed.

I made it from orlando to Daytona in about 45 min :) I think its about 70 miles, with 4-5 stoplights in between. :)

Comment

. Fastest I've gone on wheels is 192mph on my old CBR954RR..
                        street bikes have rev limiters at 186, so unless you were going downhill your speedo is wrong.

I took my 954RR to 154, That was enough for me...
                        *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X