Poll: Cruise control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Cruise control

Do you use cruise control, me and some of my friends had a discussion on this, and I use cruise control religiously!

I get so mad when im drivin down the interstate and some @sshole comes flying up on my tail wanting to get by, so I pass the car im next to and get over, never taking off the cruise, then half mile up i am passing him.

I like to call them drifters, and they piss me off. (bad road rage)
    Why not use it if your just goin down a long stretch of highway, hell i use it sometimes in 25 mph zones in town... its just convienent!

What are your stories or opinions?
    Yes, all the time!
    45.00%
    No, Never!
    17.50%
    Only now and then
    37.50%
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Re: Poll: Cruise control

I used to use it religously when I lived in Nebraska since I drove 90% highway. Now Im in Florida and dont ever get above 50 mph and all my driving is in the city :o (plus my truck doesnt have cruise :( )
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

I used to all the time. stopped working when I put in mine new gears. still doesn't work after the tune for them. :(

Comment

i use it on roads that i know have high cop control so that i dont get busted just barely having my foot down

Comment

Originally posted by BigNic
          i use it on roads that i know have high cop control so that i dont get busted just barely having my foot down
          Yea. Theres a huge police presence here in MA, so i use the cc all the time on the highways.. its to easy to get busted otherwise.

When i drove cross country i only used the cc about 70% of the time, mainly to stop my foot from falling asleep.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

not a big user, but i'll hit it every now and again

(and yes, thats what she said)

Comment

I use it every now and then to make sure it still works.

Comment

Just got done using it as a matter of fact.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

i use it ALOT with an automatic, i get to rest my feet and plus i can concentrate more on braking if i need to. WOO CRUISE CONTROL
                  1999 v6 Camaro M5
                  Automatic to Manual converted
                  Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
                  !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Firebird doesn't have it but if I'm in the Mustang or Aztek I always use it :banana:
                    Originally posted by kala
                    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                    parting her out

Comment

I hate it. I get much better gas mileage than CC, and I can maintain speed very well.

My longest drive was 16 hours, and my feet never fell asleep.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

It is a waste for me.... never use it
                        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I always use it. I got 30 mpg on a 1400 mile trip cruising 80.
                          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

just got done using it on a trip to ISU. when i have it off my speed tends to creep up on me, and ill look down and suddenly im going 85 as opposed to the 75 i was doing 2 minutes ago
                            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

I use it alot especially when i make trips to my girls colllege in muncie which is 3 hours away. I get way better gas mileage.
                              - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                1 day ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X