Gm is up, Toyota down, Ford way way down - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gm is up, Toyota down, Ford way way down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm is up, Toyota down, Ford way way down

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/02/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Overall U.S. auto sales were soft in September, as results ranged from a jump at Honda Motor to falling off a cliff at Ford Motor.

General Motors (Charts, Fortune 500), which weathered a two-day strike by the United Auto Workers union during the month without much of a disruption in sales, saw its overall sales of cars and light trucks edge up 0.3 percent in September. When adjusted for one fewer sales day this year, the company saw its daily sales rate climb 4 percent.

Light trucks, which include pickups, SUV's and so-called crossover vehicles, posted a solid 3.6 percent gain in absolute sales, which equates to nearly an 8 percent rise in its daily sales rate.

Toyota (Charts), which last month moved past Ford Motor to become the No. 2 automaker in terms of U.S. sales, saw its sales fall 4 percent from year ago levels as it posted a narrow decline in its daily sales rate. That result contrasted with Japanese rival Honda Motor (Charts), where sales jumped 9.4 percent.

On the other extreme, Ford Motor (Charts, Fortune 500) saw sales plummet more than 20 percent in September, as the embattled U.S. automaker continues to lose market share.

The company saw sales of light trucks, fall 9 percent, while the sale of car models plunged 38.9 percent. The decline was widespread across its brand, with only Lincoln and Land Rover posting a sales gain.

Even with the decline in sales at Toyota, the Japanese automaker stayed ahead of Ford's weak sales results.

Industry experts said subprime mortgage problems cut into demand for auto sales in September, as some potential buyers put sales on hold due to concerns about the economy and their home values.

"Under the circumstances, I think the industry parred a difficult hole in September, even though it was below trend," said George Pipas, Ford's director of sales analysis, although he conceded that as far as Ford's sales went, "I don't think we were quite up to par."

go GM :banana:
    poor ford, i dont know what they are going to do, they keep digging a bigger and bigger hole.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: Gm is up, Toyota down, Ford way way down

Hooray Toyota is down!
    Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

they were down last month as well

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

I can tell Ford was hurtin... I went to Ford the other day. Talked to the salesman, todl him I work at a movie theatre, and could hook him up with passes, and see said he would hook me up...

Any new '07 V6 Mustang with a 5-speed I wanted(with hardtop) in any color I wanted for $14,700.

thats a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
          I can tell Ford was hurtin... I went to Ford the other day. Talked to the salesman, todl him I work at a movie theatre, and could hook him up with passes, and see said he would hook me up...

Any new '07 V6 Mustang with a 5-speed I wanted(with hardtop) in any color I wanted for $14,700.

thats a deal.
          Do it.
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

ford cant move squat right now. most of thier cars are so bland. i cant blame anyone for not wanting a ford five hundred... i mean taurus. god that thing is uglier than the previous taurus. the focus just keeps getting gheyer. the fusion is fugly. and most of the trucks are blah too.

the only thing id buy is a stang. and even then id think twice and look for something else.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

hmmmm lets see brand new 0 mileage fresh 07 model for only $14,700 and you're still driving that lemon camaro???? :poke: DO IT NOW! Btw, get a black one ;)

:)
              09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
              sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                ford cant move squat right now. most of thier cars are so bland. i cant blame anyone for not wanting a ford five hundred... i mean taurus. god that thing is uglier than the previous taurus. the focus just keeps getting gheyer. the fusion is fugly. and most of the trucks are blah too.

the only thing id buy is a stang. and even then id think twice and look for something else.
                QFMFT!!
                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I posted this before that GM passed Toyota several months ago, BUT:

It doesn't mean that they are selling really good. GM is still suffering. They keep introducing new models and trying to make projection but they are always falling short.

This is according to Nightly News. GM hopes to make a killing in China. There Buick is doing very well. But Toyota is still working on building a good relationship with China. I guess once that happens there cars will sell well there. Right now Toyota has the market in Europe.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                    hmmmm lets see brand new 0 mileage fresh 07 model for only $14,700 and you're still driving that lemon camaro???? :poke: DO IT NOW! Btw, get a black one ;)

Give me ~$4-5k and I'll do it...

**** car payments...

I got medical bills to pay, and a wedding in december.... and trade in isn't so great on a broke V6...
                    Last edited by DAS BOOT; 10-02-2007, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Give me ~$4-5k and I'll do it...

**** car payments...

I got medical bills to pay, and a wedding in december.... and trade in isn't so great on a broke V6...
                      Free movie tickets to the WHOLE staff would be suitable for a down payment. :naughty:

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner
                        Free movie tickets to the WHOLE staff would be suitable for a down payment. :naughty:
                        **** I'd do it... I had nearly 4,000 free passes in my hands today LOL Accepted nationwide, no restrictions, never expire...

besides, got a new plan with the camaro... leave it in the garage until it becomes a classic and sell it for a profit.
                        Last edited by DAS BOOT; 10-02-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

besides, got a new plan with the camaro... leave it in the garage until it becomes a classic and sell it for a profit.
                          I don't like this plan. Btw, Do u work for "regal" theaters or something other?

09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                          sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

I don't like this plan. Btw, Do u work for "regal" theaters or something other?

Regal Entertainment Group

Comment

Yeah the new ones have a nice interior. You could maybe turn around and sell it to CarMax for a profit :D
                              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                              parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X