Pontiac G8 press release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pontiac G8 press release

I bet a manual will come out eventually.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Originally posted by flyfrito_SS
      I bet a manual will come out eventually.
      If the car sticks around long enough to start adding more options.
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

I imagine a manual will show up in a year or so since it's already available down under. I just don't understand the point of not initially bringing it over.

Another interesting thing I saw yesterday was that the C7 Vette will probably be getting a twin clutch tranny.

Comment

Yup, looks like another Pontiac design success! Hope it has the same drunk austrailian build quality my GTO has!
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
            I really liked the concept G8 at the NY auto show. It was one of the top nicest looking cars IMO. So... what is with Pontiac and all these "G's" lately? G5, G6, G8...? What about the G7? Did they forget that one? What is it suppose to mean? G what?

Ok someone out there may be able to correct me but this is what I think happened. The G6 replaced the Grand Am, I believe had it been a Grand Am it would have been the 6th gen though I'm not entirely sure.

Unfortunately the Grand Am name was so badly tarnished they stuck with G6. Well at some point there Lutz decided Pontiac needed to compete with the german performance cars. (His words not mine) So like GM often does they looked around and saw that car names were not fashonable anymore but letters and numbers were so instead of the sixth gen grand am we got the G6. Realizing they didn't have a small inexpensive car to sell anymore they quickly rebadged the cobalt and called it the G5. Now if you are going to have a rear drive v8 "performance" sedan surely you can't call it G7 that doesn't have much of a ring to it but G8 does, it also implies "V8" in the name.

While I think it's great GM has decided that maybe they need to build more RWD vehicles a 4000lb sports sedan seems like a bad place to start. Right now they are building them in Australia, I believe they will eventually be built alongside the camaro the plant that will be building them in Canada.

It seems like a nice enough car to me but I'll wait and see, besides I don't believe in buying cars new. Such a waste of money, especially for someone like me who didn't trade their last car in until it had 191k miles.
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey
              I got one of those, its a member of TEAM BLACK though and has "premium wheels" Anyways, the design on the inside is awesome, but yes the outside of dog poo is more appealing than the outide of the Aztek
              Originally posted by kala
              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

I'm just saying their frontal area bears striking similarities.
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X