can almost drive the bird!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can almost drive the bird!!

So today was the day to finish but by thread title you have guessed it, I'm not done yet. I had some things to do this morning so I got started about 1pm. All bolts were undone on old rearend with drums except brake lines. For the last week I have been spraying WD-40 and PB blaster on fitting thats in wheel well from metal line to the rubber line that goes into the "T" on the pumpkin. Well I rounded the hell out of that fitting, first it wasn't too bad but I really wanted it off so I could put Stainless steel braided line there so I put vice grips and it was an absolutely no go. Thats how I started the day off. Would you beleive that the two lines at the "T" just came right off though. So I undid those and started to pull rear end out and dumb me never unhooked ebrake cables. So I had to get that with brake fluid drippin, trying to hurry so it wouldn't drip dry. Figured these are trash, I'll saw zaw them off real quick. Yeah right, saw zaw wouldn't cut through them. Anyways I got them undone and pulled rearend out. Slid new rearend up and under, got brake lines hooked up but it had allready stopped dripping, luckily, the resovoir was not dry. So get new shocks and springs intalled, old LCA's and realize I never did order rotors or pads so I run to autozone and get some cheap ones til I can order correct ones in a few weeks. I get new endlinks for rear sway that came with rearend off Trans AM. Come back and rotors dont line up with bolt pattern. I'm kinda irritated :rant: I check bolt pattern I need VS what I got and they gave me wrong size, so I go back and the guy says "you got the wrong part number" I didn't get wrong part number they got wrong part number. Hes trying to be funny and say they'll have to charge me triple for there mistake but I wasn't laughing. I get home and carrying rotors in box in each hand and one of the rotors falls out of box on my foot. I now have a purple toe nail :( It still hurts and that was 4-5 hours ago. Anyways I get rotors on, pads and calipers, rearend bolted to torque arm. Best as I can tell I need to bolt driveshaft to yoke, cut old endlinks off of V8 sway bar and original V6 sway bar (so I can get brackets that endlinks mount to, that mounts to car.), install V8 sway bar, hook up ebrake cables, bleed brakes, put tires on, and one tire has went flat :bs: , and go for a drive, can't wait. O yeah sense I'm lowering car, I need to order/find an adjustable PHB. So no autocrossing for me, lol. Pics below of where I'm at now.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: can almost drive the bird!!

left side

underneath from behind

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

right side

and the way she looks in drive way tonight

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

I'm gonna continue to talk to myself :p

Went out Sunday morning to finish up and got rest of stuff bolted up and there was no leaks over night. :banana: Then I went to bleed brakes and 2 out of my 4 flares on my brake lines were leaking :( So I put tires on her and backed her up so at least she's sitting in a diffrent place now with all tires on her. Gonna have her towed to a shop to have them put new metal brake line on her sometime this week. Spent the entire afternoon yesterday washing and waxng her. First time sense the fresh paint. I found a few places that need buffed out better but all in all she looks better than the day I bought her on the outside. I'll try to get pics tonight after my daughters last soccer game.

NO MORE TEAM JACKSTANDS!!!

TEAM BLACK!!!
        parting her out

Comment

those pics look all too familiar. :-)

too bad you weren't able to complete her, but you got a lot done. :tup:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Ouch! Rotor to the foot had to hurt.

Is that first picture weird or does your paint have holograms?

Comment

now your gonna want to convert the fronts to ls1 style too. thats what i did , conversion on all fours than installed sbbc sloted rotor and hawk brake kit . Now i can stop on a quarter

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                Ouch! Rotor to the foot had to hurt.

Is that first picture weird or does your paint have holograms?

just a weird night picture, and my big toe still hurts, lol

TEAM BLACK!!!
                parting her out

Comment

rotor on foot mod adds 22.48hp

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                    rotor on foot mod adds 22.48hp
                    and drilled and slotted rotors on foot can add an extra 8hp to that!
                    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

sh-it youre right!!!!!

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
                        and drilled and slotted rotors on foot can add an extra 8hp to that!
                        yes this is true but sadly I havn't got my drilled and slotted for rear yet so these are some el cheapos from autozone.

Side note, dropping car off tonight to get new brake lines that don't leak installed tommorrow. I'm so excited to park the Mustang and get back into a real car. :banana:

TEAM BLACK!!!
                        parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
                          I'm so excited to park the Mustang and get back into a real car. :banana:
                          ROFL, I'd love to show that quote to some friends of mine :D

Comment

Originally posted by DeuceX
                            ROFL, I'd love to show that quote to some friends of mine :D
                            Go ahead, ask if they want to buy it too. 01 GT vert silver with black leather, 5 speed, stock, lol

TEAM BLACK!!!
                            parting her out

Comment

haha. that would burn a mustang gt owners *** for sure.

Follow me!
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X