Close encounter of the police kind... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Close encounter of the police kind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close encounter of the police kind...

So I'm driving along coming home from school last night not really paying a whole lot of attention to whose around me. I look over and there's a Mustang GT on the same stretch of road driving pretty much the same as me, not aggresivley but getting to where he's going. Well a few cars back happened to be a statey. So we get through the next light and this statey comes flying up next to me and yelling out his window to me "what are you idiots doing out here, are you seriously racing right in front of me" I start yelling back that I wasn't racing. He flys up to the guy in the mustang starts yelling at him. Next thing I know he's got his lights on brings the whole road to a stand still gets out of his car in the middle of the road points to me and the mustang and then to an empty parking lot. He gets us out of our cars and lectures us for about 15 minutes on the "racing" statute and how the police can interpret the law. After getting done with the lecture he was talking to us for a bit about our cars. All in all very cool statey, gave us a verbal warning and told us to slow down. I truly wasn't racing or even had the intent to race, I hate street racing as some of you may have picked up from earlier posts I've made, it was just his perception of the way we were driving next to one another. Check your statutes because the laws may be as open to interpretation as Florida's is, be careful with how you accelerate and move around cars. Any of you had a similar experience?
    Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Re: Close encounter of the police kind...

Closest thing I had was a city black-and-white follow me for about 2 miles after I turned onto a city street (leading out of town) behind a white Firebird.

I bet he was thinking "Hmm, 2 sportscars on the same road, they're gonna race!"

I know he was following at least me because he pulled a U-turn after following for a while. So it's not like he "happened" to be going that way.

Comment

Originally posted by squisher
      Closest thing I had was a city black-and-white follow me for about 2 miles after I turned onto a city street (leading out of town) behind a white Firebird.

I bet he was thinking "Hmm, 2 sportscars on the same road, they're gonna race!"

I know he was following at least me because he pulled a U-turn after following for a while. So it's not like he "happened" to be going that way.
      Thats your first post? How about, "Hi, they call me the squisher. I drive blah blah." Just kiddin, welcome to the site. Hope you stick around, were a big family here.

When I first bought my Mustang this summer I turned right on red to aggresively for an unmarked statey that was sitting at light. He radioed ahead to some sity cops to stop me and wait for him. Thing was 2 miles back I left my neighborhood really gettin on it sideways so I was nervous as hell til he said where he was. I explained I had just got the car and was still getting use to "all" the power it had and he let me go and told me to ease into the throttle a little more when accelerating. HAHA, I need to go to the track cause I'm still thinking I could run a quicker ET in the bird than the GT.
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

Yeah, in FL it's like if you try to accelerate to pass a car, that's street racing.

Like if you are merging onto an interstate.

Rob
        \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
          Thats your first post? How about, "Hi, they call me the squisher. I drive blah blah." Just kiddin, welcome to the site. Hope you stick around, were a big family here.
          Sorry, I just saw Finding Nemo a couple days ago and all I can think about is "Bad squishy, bad squishy"

Rob
          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

haha i dont ever street race but my mother once threatened to take my license cuase i was pulling out of my driveway when this kid i work with who drives a 95 subarua legacy awd with a big fart cannon scretched up behind me and screams out his window "wanna race me!?" ...my mom was outside and pisssssed haha
            <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

hmmm sounded like you were pretty nice about the ordeal. I would have been a **** about the whole situation. I would have gotten the officers name and reported him for being WAYYY off. I would try to get the mustang guy in on it as well; thats utterly ridiculous and a waste of time. Cop shouldnt be calling people out that easily

Comment

Why be mad? Basically the law is very loose and left up to the perception of the officer. I completely understood his point and the fact that he didn't do anything is the most generous thing any officer has ever done for me. The other part of it was we were both going about 60 in a 45 which I didn't even realize till he mentioned it and the other kid wasn't carrying his license. He didn't ticket either of us for anything. To me I got more respect for a cop that is willing to pull someone over and tell them what is wrong and basically have an open discussion to clear up any confusion than one who flys off the handle and starts throwing accusations. It would have been real easy for a cop to perceive it one way and take my car, my license and basically my life because of how he saw it instead of talking and getting the whole story first.

Comment

2 cars went flying past me racing wile i was driving along in my buddies camaro ss and then 3 min later we get pulled over for street racing lol

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                    Why be mad?
                    Huh? Where's Steve? BRING BACK STEVE!!!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
                      Huh? Where's Steve? BRING BACK STEVE!!!

Rob

I've found Karma, she can be a real ***** when you piss her off.

You should see me driving now, hands at 10 and 2 a few MPH below the limit far right lane. I look like an old lady. I'm friggin scared to drive now.
                      Last edited by youngsc; 09-27-2007, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I'm driving home one night in my wife's old beat up saturn. I got my dog in the back seat. Small back road, no passing. These three ricers come racing up behind me. The lead car gets RIGHT on my *** and high beams me. I'm going 10 over - my usual.

A cop sees us, and pulls all four cars over. me being the first. The cop comes up and starts giving me an attitude about f-ing around. He sees me (being older) the dog, and then asks. "Are you with the cars behind you?" I said "No, and honestly, dude's high beams are getting annoying". He let me go.

The funniest part was my dog was sticking his head out the window licking the cops hand.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

you guys have some bad luck.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                          Or this

Comment

yea there was a sting kinda thing in phoenix and i got nabbed when i was 16. it was trash, i had my old gti vr6 and i was just drivin home and this dude comes up next to me in a new hemi and we both took off and were dead even then i start draggin on him and we are coming to a red light well he blows right thru and i look behind me and there is a cop with his lights on tryin to pull me over? i told the cop i knew the other guy was a set up and that they shouldnt be actively trying to get people to race. i mean i totally realize how dangerous street racing is now and i dont anymore especially after that but i had to pay 2 g's for a lawyer to get me outa it.

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade.1987
                              yea there was a sting kinda thing in phoenix and i got nabbed when i was 16. it was trash, i had my old gti vr6 and i was just drivin home and this dude comes up next to me in a new hemi and we both took off and were dead even then i start draggin on him and we are coming to a red light well he blows right thru and i look behind me and there is a cop with his lights on tryin to pull me over? i told the cop i knew the other guy was a set up and that they shouldnt be actively trying to get people to race. i mean i totally realize how dangerous street racing is now and i dont anymore especially after that but i had to pay 2 g's for a lawyer to get me outa it.
                              hmm.. never heard of them setting up a race, thats interesting. but i have heard of them placeing bikes in the ghetto and waiting 2 minuets to arrest a guy who jacks it.. lol, cops is a good show...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X