test drove a v6 mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test drove a v6 mustang

So at work, flipping through the paper saw some deals for new fords...

Went in too the dealer, BSed with the salesman. We went for a test drive, asked what I did for a living, told him work at a movie theatre etc.... And they guy busts out, help me out with some tickets and I will help you with a deal, I say cool, got him 4 tickets to see Resident Evil.

Basically said I can get any 5-speed v6 car, in any color. Was looking at after rebates and other stuff the car for $14,700

Still think its more then i want to spend but seems like a pretty decent deal. I really don;t want a payment, but it is a '07 car with 0 miles.

As for the car, drove it in the rain... Car is peppy, my Camaro is/was faster, but I have a few mods, its defintiely pretty close. I believe some mustang people are pulling high 14s stock. Seems like it might have a little bit more steam up top ten a stock camaro. I didn't power shift it, just road each gear out kind of hard.

interior was realtively comfortable, had ot move the seat up a little to reach the pedals with the seat completely tilted(I am 6'5") Mustangs are usually a little tight on me.

Nice car, still thinking about it but I don't really want a payment... and another v6?

Re: test drove a v6 mustang

my mom has an explorer, the transmission went out at 27k miles, now at 52k, the rear differential is going out and the 4wd system in the front is toast. I'm not the biggest fan of fords, but my dad is a ford man and has had pretty decent luck with most of them, i think the exploder is just kind of a lemon. The new mustangs look pretty nice. I think I might go for a brand new one for under 15K. I'd rather have a charger or even a magnum though.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
      my mom has an explorer, the transmission went out at 27k miles, now at 52k, the rear differential is going out and the 4wd system in the front is toast. I'm not the biggest fan of fords, but my dad is a ford man and has had pretty decent luck with most of them, i think the exploder is just kind of a lemon. The new mustangs look pretty nice. I think I might go for a brand new one for under 15K. I'd rather have a charger or even a magnum though.
      I might check those out too, saw some pretty cool rebates...

ehh, not expecting it to be the pinnacle of reliability...

but hey, I got a $15k RWD 5-speed v6 pony car before...

wasn't a ford... if all that happened to my car was the tranny and diff. I would be happy, LOL

Comment

im diggin my ford!

not a fan of the new body, see way too many of them, esp the v-6.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          lol 'exploder':naughty:

but i vote getting a car with ~50k miles... cheaper and they have all the stupid factory kinks worked out
          1999 v6 Camaro M5
          Automatic to Manual converted
          Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
          !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Originally posted by mestupryan
            lol 'exploder':naughty:

but i vote getting a car with ~50k miles... cheaper and they have all the stupid factory kinks worked out
            Problem is cars with 50k miles are looking to cost $10-12k

Comment

If your gonna buy a new car, make sure it's something you'll want for along time...don't be making payments for something you just settled on
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                If your gonna buy a new car, make sure it's something you'll want for along time...don't be making payments for something you just settled on
                True...

But even just going with a new car with a warranty? Anything better for the same price or less?

I dig the exterior, and a peppy motor with a 5-speed. Might take it for awhile then trade it in in 2-3 years, for a newer car.

Comment

I should say **** it, its only $11,500 and cheaper/easier to work on...

Comment

my husband blew up a 99 gt motor with like 76k on it. then put a 04 exploder motor in there(same motor just alum. heads) and he busted that one too.

good luck with the ford
                    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                      my husband blew up a 99 gt motor with like 76k on it. then put a 04 exploder motor in there(same motor just alum. heads) and he busted that one too.

good luck with the ford

Once again...

2nd starter, need a 3rd
                      2nd rear, need a 3rd
                      2nd tranny
                      3rd clutch
                      3rd flywheel
                      2nd Radiator
                      3rd master/slave clutch hydraulics
                      2nd powersteering pump(tis whining)
                      killed 2 CATs, I gave up and gutted it.

and currently the car is sitting dead in my garage had a metallic knock, i am hoping I can get away with fixing whatever is causing the coolant to mix with the oil so I can trade it in.

2k, 82,XXX miles.... These are not simple little "fixes" like a bad alternator.

This whole time I am driving a 16 year old Ford with all original equipment except for the clutch/transmission. That is also faster....

We all have stories of ****ty cars from different makes....

want another GM one? My aunt bought a Grand prix GTP 3.4L DOHC...

worked its way through different family members... I eventually sold it off... 75,000 miles, and it was on its 3rd engine. Then the person that bought it, 4 months later motor died.

Comment

i'm just saying what he did. no lie that he can drive hard. to me, i like the mustangs. i don't care what brand cars are. just as long as they are what i'm looking for. all i can say is......if the price is right and it's pretty then go for it!
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
                          im diggin my ford!

not a fan of the new body, see way too many of them, esp the v-6.

I see way too much of the 99-04's

As far as the new mustangs go, I really like the interiors of new mustang alot better than the previous 93-04 inteiors. I like the new ones but went with older droptop V8 over new V6. Do what makes you happy though.
                          Originally posted by kala
                          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                          parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X