just test drove a 97 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just test drove a 97 camaro

so this was a 97 rs camaro the car only had 57k now i got in it and there has to be somthing wrong cuz this car felt just as fast if not slower then my 3.4. the owner said it just had a full tune up. i asked the owner about it and he took it for a drive with me and he said the car was acting as it always had. what do you guys think. is there anyone on here that has both car?

Re: just test drove a 97 camaro

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4
    so this was a 97 rs camaro the car only had 57k now i got in it and there has to be somthing wrong cuz this car felt just as fast if not slower then my 3.4. the owner said it just had a full tune up. i asked the owner about it and he took it for a drive with me and he said the c ar was acting as it always had. what do you guys think. is there anyone on here that has both car?
    I have, I have a newer 3.8L The tubular manifolds help a little bit.

The biggest difference is the power in the upper RPMs, the 3.4L dies, the 3.8L pulls... But at times it feels like the 3.4L has a little more power down low over the 3.8L.

but overall... numbers don't lie.

best run stockish in my 3.4L mid 16s.
    best run modded but streetable in my 3.4L 15.4

Best run in my stock 3.8L 15.2
    Best run with some mods but streetable in my 3.8L 14.6

I "was" the fastest n/a 3.4L for years at 15.4, my 2k 3.8L beat it like 2 weeks after I bought it.

Comment

what was his def of a full tune up... I mean some people think full tune up is filters and fluid change only.
      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

some people will say a plugs and an oil change....

to be honest... the 3.8l is faster, but not leaps and bound faster... Alot of 3.8Ls are in the 16s and upper 15s. Average person cannot tell the difference between a 15.8 car and a 16.1 car...

Comment

maybe it didnt have vtec.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

I had a 96 3.8, and my friend had a 94 3.4...

his car was significantly slower, and the biggest difference (as already mentioned) was the 3.4 was dead at higher rpms...

My car was a Y87 with better gears and a few bolt ons tho
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

If you get technical... I had beaten more then one 3.8L at the track. Once we had a huge thing going on over at cz28.com as a rivalry... it was great, I had a blurry picture out my back hatch of me ahead of him at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4
                so this was a 97 rs camaro the car only had 57k now i got in it and there has to be somthing wrong cuz this car felt just as fast if not slower then my 3.4. the owner said it just had a full tune up. i asked the owner about it and he took it for a drive with me and he said the car was acting as it always had. what do you guys think. is there anyone on here that has both car?

I traded my 3.4 for a 3.8 RS and still have the car to this day. Of course, it's not stock anymore. ;) Even bought another one, the convertible. The 3.8 is a great motor. Maybe something's wrong with the car. You should be able to notice a significant difference in power. Take it out on a highway and get on it to see.
                2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I drove a 3.4L last night with a cam and some other mods. My '97 3.8L y87 m5 hardtop was faster stock. I think it depends on what you're comparing too though, 3.4 auto vs. y87 m5 3.8L is gonna be a bigger difference than a 3.4L m5 versus an auto t-top 3.8L with 3.08s
                  \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X