Truck like engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck like engine?

I was reading a British car mag, "Top Gear," of last year's issue and they called American engines truck like.

They point out that the torque being higher than the horsepower. They refered this mostly to the LS1 vette. (the mag criticized the vette's interior and size more than anything).

It wasn't too bad or anything, but truck like? Never thought of it that way.

I guess European ideal sportscar must be multiple cylinders, valves, and high revving. Which constitute high HP and lower TQ.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: Truck like engine?

Thats a cool show, but I dont beleive I've ever seen them like an American car...

I guess they had to find something wrong with an engine series that now produces 435hp direct from the factory, in a production car, with a warrenty...
    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Almost all the Brit's I've met have had a God complex. Must go for their cars too. No offense Mark. :)
      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

its because brits lay the dong like we can...so they knock our cars

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner
          Almost all the Brit's I've met have had a God complex. Must go for their cars too. No offense Mark. :)
          I'm sorry i can't hear you all the way up here on my pedistal.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I believe it... its just s different part of society...

Alot of people really think sports cars should be free, high revving motors motors.

Example... S2k. I honestly don't like that I like the power on demande, not having to work harder to keep the motor high revving...

I mean my mustang and camaro are roughly the same hp, but the extra torque of the mustang make it alot more fun.

LOL on a local import board, people are just dumb they think the ls1 is a truck motor too... its a upper rpm motor by far... I'd love to see what these people think about the lt1 and L98

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                LOL on a local import board, people are just dumb they think the ls1 is a truck motor too... its a upper rpm motor by far... I'd love to see what these people think about the lt1 and L98
                Probably think they're diesels or something

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

why are you reading brit car magz?
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

**** them!

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

eh we saved there a$$ with are truck-engine powered tanks in WWII so they can suck it!

I love that show but they seem really bias...did they do one on the new shelby or saleen whatever that just broke the 'factory top speed' record? bc I'm sure they'll dog that too
                      1999 Camaro Z/28
                      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

1. Why would anyone want a high and flat tq curve?! </sarcasm>

2. Mark, good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                          eh we saved there a$$ with are truck-engine powered tanks in WWII so they can suck it!

I love that show but they seem really bias...did they do one on the new shelby or saleen whatever that just broke the 'factory top speed' record? bc I'm sure they'll dog that too
                          Yea they are wicked biased. They did a segment on the Shelby GT500 and complained non stop about its apalling handling. Then they went on about how it was supposed to have 500 horsepower, then stuck it on a dyno and got 450hp out of it, and complained about that too (and didn't mention a thing about the difference between whp and net horsepower.

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                            smartass.
                            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

funny they call our engines "truck" engines... they're the ones driving diesels
                              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X