New respect for those who drive in snow. Vid's inside - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New respect for those who drive in snow. Vid's inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New respect for those who drive in snow. Vid's inside

I have found a new respect for those of you living up north after seeing these videos. Still, that's pretty funny. haha, I'll be content with the hurricanes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=npTRXr4Sgxg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=npTRXr4Sgxg

I never knew vehicles could slide sideways so easily and not stop.

Re: New respect for those who drive in snow. Vid's inside

same link twice?

yeah i saw this way back when it was happening. The snow can be pretty darn crazy. Never gets too bad here, but that wasn't too incredibly far from here as i recall.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Oh man...that's embarassing:o ...sorry bout the reposting the same link...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BM2gLjfE_3Y that's the other one. i' msure many of you have seen it. But i just thought it was too funny to pass up

Comment

Wow... people truly don't know how to drive... I've seen some people loose control in the snow... but honestly? Oh well, I guess not everyone can live in Michigan.

Comment

I think that first one was on a hill. i cant really blame those people cuz theres really nothing they coulda done. especially seeing that minivan slide sideways??? wow. The best thing to do is just steer into a curb. dont jump it, just grind. better to chew up a wheel than lose the front end of the car.

i'm one of the initiated. that dinky little dusting of snow (both vids) was pathetic. lets see some vids when we get a good michigan snow. last year we had one day we got like 7 inches overnight. i had sandbags and snow tires all around and i PLOWED the snow.

Now you guys understand why we call them "winter beaters"?
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

repost *****....but still thats ****ty
            <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Black98Fivespeed
              Wow... people truly don't know how to drive... I've seen some people loose control in the snow... but honestly? Oh well, I guess not everyone can live in Michigan.
              If your 3000+ car can slide SIDEWAYS than there is nothing you can do in reality.

Yea, winter is fine, just have to be smart and drive accordingly
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Anytime it looks bad outside I try not to travel and if I do... first thing I do is see how much it takes to spin the tires... that way I know how far to push it and I'll take it down a notch.

I've never had any problems with getting stuck or what not in the winter.
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

4+ years driving in Alaska with two camaros... I think I can say I am either a really awesome driver or just reall, really lucky. I think I am going to like the winters here in AZ!:banana:

Comment

Originally posted by runtwrestlin
                    Oh man...that's embarassing:o ...sorry bout the reposting the same link...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BM2gLjfE_3Y that's the other one. i' msure many of you have seen it. But i just thought it was too funny to pass up
                    Yeah I seen that one, it was pretty crazy, Them cops had a lot of paper work that day

Comment

Watching those people bail out of their cars was hilarious! Thanks for posting that. Maybe there's some kind of legal defense where you can't get a ticket if the car crashes and you aren't inside? "Wasn't me, officer. I was out here on the ground looking at it from my arse!"
                      2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                        If your 3000+ car can slide SIDEWAYS than there is nothing you can do in reality.

Yea, winter is fine, just have to be smart and drive accordingly

Skinny hard tires. Sounds crazy, but trust me, physics says skinny hard tires cut down into the snow, and if the tread is right, it can actually push into the ice and make traction...that's how my old boss's dad's '70 Chevelle had better traction in the winters than my bird...

Comment

Skinnier tires do help, but nothing beats studded. I'm going to miss the studded snow tires on my old '86 Cutlass, they were the ****.
                          <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Earnhardt132000
                            Skinnier tires do help, but nothing beats studded. I'm going to miss the studded snow tires on my old '86 Cutlass, they were the ****.
                            Hell yeah. Too bad they're illegal in ohio if IIRC. :(!!

Comment

I think they're illegal here too, but its only illegal if you get caught!
                              <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X