FINALLY got my car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY got my car!

Well, flew down to Dallas Friday, and drove it back here to Wisconsin. About 1000 miles in a car I knew nothing about...adventure.

I am absolutely in love. I have had Chevelles, 2nd Gen Camaros, 1st gen Firebird, and lots more, but this car has it all, and I like it more than all those... Handles wonderfully (tons of suspension mods - tube LCA, urethane torqe arm bushings, lowered springs, Bilstien shocks, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, and ZT diff out of an SS) strong motor (CIA headers, Borla, Whisper lid, K&N, cold air intake).

Has high miles, and needs some work. The driver's side axle seal/bearing, the 2nd gear synchro is trashed in the tranny (but it came with a 25k mile 5 speed). MAF is bad, too. But nothing I can't live with, the price was great.

And it's shiny Black, black, black. I got it home Saturday evening, and the next day hit it with clay bar and Carranuba, it looks like a million bucks (to me!)

I'll get some pics of it tonight.

Thanks to all for posting all the info I have found here searching the forum, it really helped me make a good decision in buying, and will help a bunch with the future ownership and mods.

Jeff

Re: FINALLY got my car!

maybe I missed something but what did you get?
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Oh, sorry...1999 Camaro, 3800 5 spd.

Duh.

Comment

congrats on the car... get pics asap
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
          maybe I missed something but what did you get?
          yeah i was gonna ask the same thing, never said it in the original post. congrats on the car man! yeah get pics up here as soon as possible

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

PICS OR BAN ;)

congrats!
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

OK - pics tonight! (I'll be at work for another 3 hours or so...hopefully the light is good enough)

BUT, I just had a new windshield installed in the parking lot at work, and there is tape holding the trim, which I am not supposed to remove for 24-48 hours...but I guess I can take off the tape, snap some pics, and put it back on.

Man, I love this car...:banana:

By the way, Shlotsky...I love your avatar.

"my SPOON is too BIG."

Comment

Originally posted by ditch68
                BUT, I just had a new windshield installed in the parking lot at work, and there is tape holding the trim, which I am not supposed to remove for 24-48 hours...but I guess I can take off the tape, snap some pics, and put it back on.
                Just wait it out...don't risk messing up something just to take a picture

Comment

Good point...I'll snap one with the tape on, and do a good shoot of everything this weekend.

Wouldn't want to get banned, after all! :twak:

Comment

new windshield??? Did the original have a crack in it?

My gf's brother got a new windshield on his truck and slammed the door later that day. The windshield didn't pop out, but when it started raining the next week, water was pouring on the dash

I told him to leave the windows cracked and not to slam the door! He listened the next time around.

Comment

Yeah, it got hit by a rock on the driver's side, and cracked all the way across, right in my field of view.
                      Thanks for the heads up on the door slamming. I did roll up the windows after they installed it cause it might rain, but didn't slam it hard. I hope I didn't @ss anyrthing up. I was pretty gentle.

Comment

Geez. I'm going to hijack my own thread...

So I go out to take a look at the windshield just now, and the idiot who installed it did a crap job! The whole thing looks to be shifted over to the passenger side, none of the molding lines up the same on either side, and the gap above the passenger mirror is huge...it does look sealed down, but the molding is about a half inch above the freakin' door seal on that side, and almost flush on the driver's side.

I don't know if it will leak when it rains tonight, but it damn well better not. Of course, thier shop didn't answer my phone call, but I am NOT very happy right now.

How that guy walked away from that job thinking it was "good enough" or that I would not notice, I just don't know. It wasn't a fly by night company, it's Safelite!

:rant:
                        Last edited by ditch68; 09-18-2007, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          4 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X