Clear All

Re: uggg i hate it

I live in chicago i get the "best" of every season
    - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
      Its ****ty...

hot, its the same year round. Pciture a hot summerday, that is what its like all year round, gets cold maybe 2 weeks, which most people beg for.

It rains alot but I actually dig the rain.

Dashboards commonly crack in FL, because its so hot, all cars, all makes. If I had a blacktop driveway, I could fry an egg on it. I have done it before on a blacktop driveway.

People are rude(lots of new york/northeast influence), lots of tourists always lost, nearly everyday you will encounter someone who does not speak english. Tons of old people. the "gangsta" are all Hispanic, which is the worst type of gangster, always trying to proove they are macho.

Average car meet... Domestics are looked down upon, but civics and 1985 Puerto Rican Porsches(Rx7s) are looked at as the pinnacle of automotive technology.

School system sucks, sales tax sucks. Property tax sucks, Housing rates still suck, despite the "housing/credit bubble" is popping. And home owners insurance is rediculous.

I have lived in 2 different areas of Ft. Lauderdale, been to miami, pretty consistantly, and lived in 3 areas of Orlando. I also have visited all the major parts of Florida except the northern part... but I hear its just like backwoods georgia up there.
      Its nice to have a real opinion other then the same **** you hear about fl. everyday.

I would absolutely hate Florida. I get instantly pissed off and crabby once i start getting hot. I would rather shiver and freeze to death then just sweat, sweat, and sweat some more. Beaches aren't my thing either, I'm a sidewalk surfer.

Give me weather I have to wear a hoodie in over weather that requires little to no clothing and you're still sweating. (the opposite is true for my opinion on females though)
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I've been in WI the last 10 years...before that, almost 20 in Tucson. I am moving back to Tucson before the snow flies (hopefully...if the house sells fast enough). The wife and kids are already out there, and I am sick of being seperated from them.

I myself have had quite enough of the snow. Or more specifically, the few months of not being able to do some of the things I like. Don't get me wrong, winter is pretty here, but it just drags on. I was born here in WI, but I honestly feel much more at home in Arizona.

I will miss the rain, though. :(

Comment

Originally posted by ditch68
          I've been in WI the last 10 years...before that, almost 20 in Tucson. I am moving back to Tucson before the snow flies (hopefully...if the house sells fast enough). The wife and kids are already out there, and I am sick of being seperated from them.

I myself have had quite enough of the snow. Or more specifically, the few months of not being able to do some of the things I like. Don't get me wrong, winter is pretty here, but it just drags on. I was born here in WI, but I honestly feel much more at home in Arizona.

I will miss the rain, though. :(
          Snow does drag on and on. But it all just depends on how you look at it. I could say that the summer heat just seems to drag on and on and on and that winter doesn't last long enough.
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 96_Fbird
            Who the hell are you kidding?!?!
            I've seen a witches tit warmer than CHI-town in January!!

All I can say is remote start on the 4 wheel drive JEEP :banana:
            FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
            Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
            Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

hahaha thats why it was in quotes
              - Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death -

Comment

I love Hoodie season (winter) lol But the main reason I like winter is christmas, when everyone in my home is full of happiness and joy.:banana: :)

Comment

hoodie season= winter? wtf? god, when it's winter i won't walk out of my house unless i have the following on

pants, long sleeve shirt(very warm), very warm jacket, scarf, gloves, hat and FLIP FLOPS. LOL. i wear flip flops year round. lol only time i have sneakers on is at work, but soon as i get home, they are off! i hate shoes.
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

If I had my choice... I'd move to the north carolina area... Seasons change... not too hot or too cold for too long.

Mountains, forests, rivers and all that cool stuff.

Beach= sand in your asscrack, and sand in your car... both suck. Is it fun? yep... but it gets old. Florida's sub-tropical enviroment is not that cool.

LOL booked my honeymoon for a cabin in North Georgia, in the mountains.

**** me and the girl went to St. Louis to see a friend and just check out St. Louis(was born there but moved when 1) We went to the Botanical gardens, it was 60* and beautiful in May(well into the upper 90s in FL), and spent a few extra bucks to go into a Bio dome. Went in there and was instantly disgusted... It was 90* humid and had palm trees. I was laughing because one guy we were with thought this one palm tree was cool, and I told I have 3 in my parents yard, and they are a ***** to trim.
                    Last edited by DAS BOOT; 09-19-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                      Its ****ty...

hot, its the same year round. Pciture a hot summerday, that is what its like all year round, gets cold maybe 2 weeks, which most people beg for.

It rains alot but I actually dig the rain.

Dashboards commonly crack in FL, because its so hot, all cars, all makes. If I had a blacktop driveway, I could fry an egg on it. I have done it before on a blacktop driveway.

People are rude(lots of new york/northeast influence), lots of tourists always lost, nearly everyday you will encounter someone who does not speak english. Tons of old people. the "gangsta" are all Hispanic, which is the worst type of gangster, always trying to proove they are macho.

Average car meet... Domestics are looked down upon, but civics and 1985 Puerto Rican Porsches(Rx7s) are looked at as the pinnacle of automotive technology.

School system sucks, sales tax sucks. Property tax sucks, Housing rates still suck, despite the "housing/credit bubble" is popping. And home owners insurance is rediculous.

I have lived in 2 different areas of Ft. Lauderdale, been to miami, pretty consistantly, and lived in 3 areas of Orlando. I also have visited all the major parts of Florida except the northern part... but I hear its just like backwoods georgia up there.
                      All valid reasons why I do not live in that god forsaken state. I hope it breaks off and sinks to the bottom of the sea with the rest of the Carribean islands.
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird
                      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by 96_Fbird
                        Needs to hurry up and get cold here, im in a steam tunnel at Northwestern pulling fiber, 130* in this place, and I do not want to see it again till its winter.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird
                        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X