so close I can taste it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so close I can taste it

As some of you know I've gone head first into a 3400 swap and I finally have the means of getting it done...brought my bare engine home Saturday and assembled the short block tonight after work the top end is going on enjoy!!

Re: so close I can taste it

Why would you do a 3.4 swap?
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
      Why would you do a 3.4 swap?
      I think he's doing the 3400 top end swap...
      1999 Camaro Z/28
      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
        I think he's doing the 3400 top end swap...
        DING DING!!!! yes I'm doing a 3400 top end swap and I've got a few extra hidden goodies that I'll be making use of. I'm going for the most powerful N/A 3.4, and I'm pretty sure I'll break that magical 15.0 barrier. All I have left to do is get some good tread on the rear and finish the motor.

Comment

do I see a double roller timing chain on that thing? Where did you find that at? I was lookin around before for my build (doing almost the same thing) but didn't come across one.

Oh, and who's pistons are you running? I was going to boost, so I'm lookin for lower CR ones, but with the reduced combustion chamber volumes on teh 3400 heads, i'm seeing that I may need to do some more searching..
          Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

I'm running speed pro aluminum pistons, they're standard 3400 CR though. the pn is wh-847cp. I had to call summit cause it wasn't on the online catalog. thats just an S.A. Gear set, they're fat S.O.B.s. as far as just "finding" parts for this build. it took me over a year to get every thing. with the help of black34v6 i found the basic stuff then began to find things to really push the limit of the engine. I'll have more info on this as I do more

Comment

Bam!!!!! Fool

can't wait!!!! Its so close I can smell the paint burning off the headers the 1st time it runs :drool:

Soon Soon...BTW my total duration at the valve on this is .232/.243 and my lift is .484/.512, yea that aught to propel me down that 1/4 mile in a quite acceptable time.
              :banana:

Comment

hows it goin man...lookin good so far. :)

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
                Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
                West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

YEA MAN...To bad I ran head first into those push rods....I had this thing on a roll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X