Junk Yard Treasures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junk Yard Treasures?

Dont know where else to put this... So its in the lounge ;)

Ok guys I live kinda close to some very cheap u-pull-its. What Im wondering is can I pull other parts from other cars to pull in some performance? And what parts, what should I look for? Ex. maybe some injectors from a GTP...
    Last edited by nimrod.sixty9; 09-16-2007, 07:30 AM.
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Re: Junk Yard Treasures?

what year is your car?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

dunno about where u live but we rarly have nice cars in any junkyards...
      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Originally posted by Oi Bird V8
        dunno about where u live but we rarly have nice cars in any junkyards...

That suks *** then..

Comment

Stupid me! Its a 2000 Bird, A4!

I already have LSD and 3.42s, so no need to mention that.

3.8Fury knows what places Im talking about, each yard has well over 1500 cars and there is 3 lots. O and they are in West Palm Beach FLA! Seen many Birds and Camaros, 2nd 3rd and 4th gen, LT1, GTPs MonteCarlos and other 3800 cars! So let me know of ANY parts that I could interchange for perfomance!
          sigpic

Comment

in a local junkyard near me theres a few genIII S/C 3800s and an olds aurora 4.0V8

Comment

Umm Im not looking for JYards. Im just wondering what parts to trade out!

Edit: O now I see that was directed at Oi_Bird...
              Last edited by nimrod.sixty9; 09-16-2007, 07:48 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9
                Umm Im not looking for JYards. Im just wondering what parts to trade out!

Edit: O now I see that was directed at Oi_Bird...
                yeah.... i dunno i guess its just my area...sometimes if ur lucky u can find 4th gens but there v6s and i only found two withen liek a 50 mile range cu im not driving that far u know....
                <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

What Im wondering is can I pull other parts from other cars to pull in some performance?
                  most JY cars are stripped of anything of significant value by the staff before they're set out into the yard...so looking for upgrades in a u-pull-it is like looking for a virgin the day after prom.
                  The only thing you'd probably find that may be able to benefit you is a 1 pc. steel DS, posi, and gears...but your car already has all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                    most JY cars are stripped of anything of significant value by the staff before they're set out into the yard...so looking for upgrades in a u-pull-it is like looking for a virgin the day after prom.
                    The only thing you'd probably find that may be able to benefit you is a 1 pc. steel DS, posi, and gears...but your car already has all of that.
                    Once again, you know not what you are saying, cause you opened your f'ing mouth. Most of the time, cars are not parted out, simply because the cars can be made worth more money whole then they can as part outs. Remember, money can be made of scrap steel, start stripping parts, the price does down. I know very FEW junkyards that keep parts taken off cars in inventory, usually parts are still on the cars. Its too time consuming to pull parts off cars, when they can just leave the car in the lot, and get the part when requested.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Most of the time, cars are not parted out, simply because the cars can be made worth more money whole then they can as part outs.
                      The only reason a car would end up in a pick-and-pull is because the damage was so extensive that the only way any money can be drawn out of them is to *gasp* part them out

I know very FEW junkyards that keep parts taken off cars in inventory, usually parts are still on the cars.
                      Who says the parts are kept on inventory?

Also, here's an important stipulation you missed in your lil temper tantrum: the OP is looking for upgrades
                      Ok guys I live kinda close to some very cheap u-pull-its. What Im wondering is can I pull other parts from other cars to pull in some performance?
                      The fact of the matter is, he is NOT going to find anything better than what he currently has on his car. As the OP already stated, he basically has a Y87...so the only thing he could really look for are different ratio gears, and depending on his plans for his car, he may already have an ideal ratio

Comment

Wow, this got interesting since Ive last been here!

Well guys the JYard is not the issue here. I have bought from them many times and havent had a single prob yet, and even if I did they warranty parts! They have plenty of cars. My friend even got a complete GTP motor for $200! And it worked great (cept compressor). Yes it came with the S/C and all!

So I know there has to be something I can swap out! I know my car doesnt have all the top factory stuff! Intake? Injectors? Heads? Cam? TB? Exhaust?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                          These JYards dont pull anything! Slap a sticker on it and put it out for parting. As for parts, for EX. If I find a nice intake, why the hell would I care about the rest car being completely stripped? These JYards have plenty of cars to choose from, so no worries there.

One piece DS! Now thats what Im talking about! From what car? And years?
                          sigpic

Comment

If u have drums change it out for a v8 rear axle so u get gears and a posi!!! Oh yeah headers 2..lol.. Rear seat delete if they have there!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3.8Fury
                              If u have drums change it out for a v8 rear axle so u get gears and a posi!!! Oh yeah headers 2..lol.. Rear seat delete if they have there!!
                              Car already comes with high flow manifold (at least my year). Car also already comes with LSD and 3.42s, and the car is damn sure all wheel disc! But hey at least you gave input LOL!
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X