What kind of 5th gen would you get when it comes out? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of 5th gen would you get when it comes out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of 5th gen would you get when it comes out?

Just a lil experiment...
    Coupe
    28.95%
    T-Top
    34.21%
    Standard Sized Sunroof (Think Cavelier)
    0.00%
    Convertible
    15.79%
    Hard Top Convertible
    21.05%
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: What kind of 5th gen would you get when it comes out?

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
    What kind of 5th gen would you get when it comes out?
    One that is cheaper than they are going to be asking. Oh, wait.. I'm just cheap :p
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Hard Top Convertable! FTMFW!!!
      1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
      - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Brains Blown Out
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Coupe.

I don't see them making a hard top vert, sunroof, or t-top model, but a targa or hardtop vert would be pretty cool.

PS you spelled cavalier wrong :p

Comment

i forgot where i read it but they're makin' a sunroof model and no t-top model. i think t-tops would definately get some market share but before i try to start some big movement, i gotta find some people who want those tops. i love my t-tops but other people gotta be with me if we can convince GM to make a t-top model.
            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
              i forgot where i read it but they're makin' a sunroof model and no t-top model. i think t-tops would definately get some market share but before i try to start some big movement, i gotta find some people who want those tops. i love my t-tops but other people gotta be with me if we can convince GM to make a t-top model.
              i love T-tops...i used to think they werent that great...but once i test drove a Firebird with the T-tops off i fell in love with them, so i bought one with them. T-tops rock the boathouse.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
                i love T-tops...i used to think they werent that great...but once i test drove a Firebird with the T-tops off i fell in love with them, so i bought one with them. T-tops rock the boathouse.
                and as of now, we're not going to get any with the next gen. Production doesnt start till Feb. '09 so we still got time to nag GM into adding the option. I refuse to have that dinky lil sunroom on the camaro. I dont care, i'll buy another set of tops from a 4th gen and put them in on the new one.. I'm not parting with my tops.

Comment

hardtop convertable woudl be cool.... but make it expensive...

I love t-tops, hell I cut them in my current car, but I think they wouldn't flow with the 5th gen, maybe a targa top... Come on photoshop people I want picks of each.

Comment

I dont know how to answer this one. What I want and what they will make will be two different things. I dont see anything coming but a coupe or a convertible. The structure will not support ttops, and might not even a sunroof. If I had my way, it would definitely be a hardtop convertible, but I dont see them doing that because of cost efectiveness and the loss of trunk space.....not that that matters to me.

So, I will vote for hardtop convertible because it is what I would want to have.

Comment

the roof supports a sunroof. like i said, that's what its gonna have as of right now. but in my mind, the t-tops are part of the car's heratage. part of its spirit. its one of the main things that differentiated it from the mustang. Ragtops are cool and sunroofs... eh. the t-tops seemed to open the car up. a targa top (a' la corvette) would be even better in my opinioin.

Comment

Originally posted by Detective_D
                        I dont know how to answer this one. What I want and what they will make will be two different things. I dont see anything coming but a coupe or a convertible. The structure will not support ttops, and might not even a sunroof. If I had my way, it would definitely be a hardtop convertible, but I dont see them doing that because of cost efectiveness and the loss of trunk space.....not that that matters to me.

So, I will vote for hardtop convertible because it is what I would want to have.
                        they make hardtop convertible G6's for less than $28,000. It's more than possible.

Comment

I can see this losing ground quickly...
                          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

i cant stand ttops. hardtop ftw.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by DocsZ06
                              they make hardtop convertible G6's for less than $28,000. It's more than possible.
                              Dont get me wrong, I hope to God that there is a hardtop convertible. All I have read about the subject leads to the observation that hardtop convertibles will not be on the camaro. I am not saying that a hardtop costs too much to add. I am saying that, I am sure that GM is going to do there best to be competitive with the mustang. I dont see a big enough demand for them to make the hardtop convertible because of the increased cost.

Like I said, I hope I am wrong though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X