No work to do at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No work to do at work

The last few weeks have been so slow it sucks. Its nice not to be busy but this is rediculous. We have TONS of work that we can't do because of this one project that is taking forever and getting absolutely nowhere. I want to work OT to make some extra money to dump into firebird but it would be pretty hard to justify if my boss actually asked why I worked OT, not that he ever has but I just don't want to take advantage of a good thing and possibly ruin it.

This post has no real value but after reading some of these other post in the lounge I think this has more merit than hi from Mr. Penguin and I got a new labtop. I'm sure others can appreciate being at work and have nothing to do. It sucks knowing that as soon as this poject is done I'm going to be a busy MOFO and I can't do anything to better the situation. I'm sure others wish they had nothing to do at work. grass is always greener on other side I guess.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: No work to do at work

Being busy makes the time go faster. There is however a line between busy and insanely busy. Last summer I worked 32 hours straight. I would say that is too busy.

Comment

i hate sitting still. so i have to have an active day. if my day is slow...it drags so bad. i don't really care to do ot since i don't need the money and i just want to get the heck out. but i always get stuck at least an hour late just about everyday. i don't even notice it. so i get like an extra 10 in every paycheck. time and a half is alsome! i was bored witless on monday and i ended up spending alot of time on www.bored.com lol. it's alot of bs but it passes the time
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

i feel ur pain dude. all week so far I've just been ****ing around. the only productive thing i've done is rip on my prototype manager (who is equally bored). oh and we came up with a new drinking game:

gather some friends around and some beer and go onto craigs list and go to the services category and click to "erotic" and click w4m.
        take turns picking which link to click on. if you pick and the chick is hot, everyone else drinks. If the chick is fugly, then you drink. or something like that. It sounds stupid but its so much fun. You're expecting a hottie and then BAM! you're smacked in the face w/ a hooker that weighs in at like 400lbs. or your expecting said 400lb hooker and then you find yourself saying... DAAAAAAAAAAAMN...
        make sure to filter for posts that include pics.

other than that i've been sitting around writing my name on sheetmetal with the MIG welder...
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

I work at Abercrombie and Fitch, and even though it is back to school time, we aren't really that busy. I mainly just talk with other employees, and restock every now and then.
          <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

I ate lunch twice today because I am so boared, now I'm boared and sick

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

crushedout and kristen...where do you work?

and how does looking at websites not make the day go by faster? i end up staying up until like, 4 in the morning sometimes by accidentally being online too long, ebay, here, games, anything.

and HokieBird, how the h3ll did you work 32 hours, haha. isnt that like, illegal?

Comment

ive worked no less than 13 hour days 6 days each week for the last 3 weeks. i WISH it was dead so i could stand around and do jack **** right now.

/slits wrists/

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

I love football so don't get me wrong... but on gameday (since we are a campus store) we get more business then any other store in the state. I sale more hamburger and hotdog buns on sat then I do for the rest of the week.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
                    The last few weeks have been so slow it sucks. Its nice not to be busy but this is rediculous. We have TONS of work that we can't do because of this one project that is taking forever and getting absolutely nowhere. I want to work OT to make some extra money to dump into firebird but it would be pretty hard to justify if my boss actually asked why I worked OT, not that he ever has but I just don't want to take advantage of a good thing and possibly ruin it.

This post has no real value but after reading some of these other post in the lounge I think this has more merit than hi from Mr. Penguin and I got a new labtop. I'm sure others can appreciate being at work and have nothing to do. It sucks knowing that as soon as this poject is done I'm going to be a busy MOFO and I can't do anything to better the situation. I'm sure others wish they had nothing to do at work. grass is always greener on other side I guess.
                    Haha lol I feel so cool now because someone mentioned my random post of a penguin lol

Comment

think thats cool? if i dont post atleast once a day people start getting nervous and asking where the hell im at

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

i'm a medical supply coordinator at a nursing home
                        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip
                          and HokieBird, how the h3ll did you work 32 hours, haha. isnt that like, illegal?
                          Around midnight you think you won't make it, but then the time between 2am and 6am fly by. The worst part of the day was when everyone else started showing up for work. They would walk by and tell our team we look like ****. I then spent the next 2 hours working on a problem that should have taken about 15 minutes, but I was pretty much mentally retarded at that point. We went home around lunch time and I passed out in the living room. My sleep schedule was screwed up the rest of the week. This was last summer. Pretty much the whole summer was ridiculous. We worked most weekends too.

Comment

Originally posted by cantrip
                            crushedout and kristen...where do you work?

and how does looking at websites not make the day go by faster? i end up staying up until like, 4 in the morning sometimes by accidentally being online too long, ebay, here, games, anything.
                            I do electrical testing on appliances at GE. Internet does help but I can't be on web all day because that would look bad.

Originally posted by IwannaCamarosoBad
                            Haha lol I feel so cool now because someone mentioned my random post of a penguin lol
                            little FYI, that was not a compliment

TEAM BLACK!!!
                            parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X