Possibility of a 450 HP Engine in the New Camaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of a 450 HP Engine in the New Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility of a 450 HP Engine in the New Camaro

Why not?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1533

:)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Re: Possibility of a 450 HP Engine in the New Camaro

ls3 C6 is 430, They won't release an f-body with more hp than the vette

Comment

Originally posted by DocsZ06
      ls3 C6 is 430, They won't release an f-body with more hp than the vette
      well who know how much HP the corvettes will have in 2010. right?

sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

the ls2 was only in the c6 vette for what 3 years if that. by 2010 who knows what engine will be in the vette, like kala said

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by kala
          well who know how much HP the corvettes will have in 2010. right?

mabey 650? beat the viper

Comment

heh, they'll say it has 400hp, but we know gm REALLY means 450hp

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
              mabey 650? beat the viper
              There will be a supercharged vette coming out next year with the camaros that will be a supercharged 6.2 liter at 650 hp. The LS3 might go up to 450 by the end of the C6 generation, and the Z06 will likely be bumped up to 530-550 hp, and the camaros will likely have 425ish ls3's.

Comment

Originally posted by DocsZ06
                There will be a supercharged vette coming out next year with the camaros that will be a supercharged 6.2 liter at 650 hp. The LS3 might go up to 450 by the end of the C6 generation, and the Z06 will likely be bumped up to 530-550 hp, and the camaros will likely have 425ish ls3's.
                my dreams HAVE come true... lol

Comment

Originally posted by t-topV6
                  my dreams HAVE come true... lol
                  don't get too excited the supercharged version will retail for $100k+ and likely have $20k-$30k dealer markup, since production will be 1500ish per year, about the same production numbers as the vipers.

Comment

how do you know it will be the 6.2l they will be super charging? they event released any info on it really

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                      how do you know it will be the 6.2l they will be super charging? they event released any info on it really
                      I am assuming he has special connections with Bob Lutz.....if you know what I mean ;)

sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Corvette owners tend to follow Corvettes. I either read it online or in one of my many Corvette Magazines. The won't use an LS7 because they haven't taken as well to boosting as LS2's. I suspect this is why they released the LS3 so early, because they were developing it for the new Vette anyway. There are already spy photos and info out there on it.

Comment

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/2009-c...t-corvette.htm

here is the info :wavey:

Comment

i forgot where i read it at but they said they cant use the LS7 b/c there isnt enough room b/w the cylinders to accomodate the pressure boost that comes w/ a supercharger. Being that the LS7 is a beast of a motor, i think they're really serious about this one. I mean, really, they wont need more than 9 psi (if that) to get 650 hp out of a HUGE 6.2L engine especially if it comes with all the bells and whistles a car that costs 100k should have, like direct injection and variable valve timing. i think this engine is gonna be a beast thats COMPLETELY intended for racing. Adding some boost to an engine is tuner-ish. redoing the whole freakin' engine for a 1500 car/year model.... well now... thats serious. thats alot of money for an OEM. ALOT. Like... wow.
                            2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

best thing about a super charger is all you have to do is change a pully and up the boost :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X