This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slammed by the man

well me and my cousin were out taking pictures of our cars (which i will be posting here soon :D ), he has a 2001 GTP, and we got the idiot notion to go into a parking garage to have some fun. so we were doin burnouts in the garage, not for a long time, just up to the top, and then back down. on the way down, lo and behold, a cop is on his way up with his lights up. so we get stopped and he gets out and calls for backup, 2 other cops show up and take our information. we are sitting there forever as they discuss stuff. after what seemed like forever they get out and one comes up to me and tells me i could have gotten tresspassing, wreckless driving, and criminal wrecklessness. if he would have given me all 3 i could have gotten cuffed, taken to jail, and car impounded. but he didnt, he only gave me wreckless driving. we sure lucked out... so i have a court date now, and i just finished an online defensive driving course for getting 2 tickets in a one month period, so the judge is probably gonna suspend my license, give me a fine, maybe worse. my court date is September 17th, so we'll see how it goes...
    Last edited by 99BlackW68; 09-02-2007, 08:09 PM.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Re: slammed by the man

wtf what a douchbag. was this parking building empty? and how much of a burn out did you do? if it was me i would of just told you not to do it any more and let you go. and why did he need 2 other cops there lol

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

yeah it was completely empty. i did my fare share and so did my cousin. i have no idea why he needed more. he probably was gonna haul us away and then thought twice about it...thank the Lord...

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

sounds pretty dumb to me on your part. i know people here in omaha like to take pics in parking garages, but aren't dumb enough to bring attention to them by doing burnouts. just driving in a parking garage is loud, burnouts? your own fault

Comment

Originally posted by Flurgen
          sounds pretty dumb to me on your part. i know people here in omaha like to take pics in parking garages, but aren't dumb enough to bring attention to them by doing burnouts. just driving in a parking garage is loud, burnouts? your own fault
          QFT, you get no pity from me.:twak:
          1995 Pontiac Firebird
          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Flurgen
            ....x2

I know its only innocent fun for you, but in his defense you are breaking the law and if a an accident occured with you, your friend, or someone walking buy, well then he'd be called to clean it up. I don't think I'd want to clean that up or see it, so I'd be a prick to you as well. Sucks for your ticket, but sounds like you got off lucky to me.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

if you hadnt noticed i wasnt calling the cop a prick or anything like that. i already said it was an idiot idea... i also said we got very lucky, and the cop was very cool...do you guys read?

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
                if you hadnt noticed i wasnt calling the cop a prick or anything like that. i already said it was an idiot idea... i also said we got very lucky, and the cop was very cool...do you guys read?
                Does it matter? And was it illegal? Why does it take hindsight to tell yourself if it was an idiot idea or not?
                1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

have you ever got a speeding ticket in your life?

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by 99BlackW68
                    have you ever got a speeding ticket in your life?
                    Ive had MANY more than you. License suspended 4 times, the last for 1 year, car impounded 5 times, and atleast 25+ tickets. And everytime, I deserved it, payed the fines and tickets, and didn't *****. Because I deserved it.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

before this gets locked, i just wanted to say... fight the wreckless driving.. that is a killer in my state. automatic loss of insurance, and it will at least double your premiums. get a lawyer, fight it, and try to get it down to at least careless driving... if you get it reduced, the lawyer fees will be less than the increased insurance fees...
                      Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

i wasnt *****ing man, i was just telling my story...wow. so why are you gettin on my back when you've gotten tickets and suspensions and whatnot? we are pretty much in the same boat, just you've gone through it already while i currently am.

how do you fight something like this? i was caught in the act practically. what state are you in? i dont think that would work
                        Last edited by 99BlackW68; 09-02-2007, 09:08 PM.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                          Ive had MANY more than you. License suspended 4 times, the last for 1 year, car impounded 5 times, and atleast 25+ tickets. And everytime, I deserved it, payed the fines and tickets, and didn't *****. Because I deserved it.
                          wait... so you've had your license suspended 4 times, car impounded 5, at least 25 tickets... and you're calling other people stupid? maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're the last person who should be calling other people irresponsible. sure you payed them, but does that really change anything?

Comment

I just have to say that I would not fight it. Wreckless driving would be an easy thing to prove based on what you said happened.

Comment

damn. that sucks. yes, you deserve it... and it sounds like you are manning up to that. fight it, i personally have no respect for the court system. they got enough of my money that they didnt deserve, so you should try to get yours back.

be respectful, admit to your **** ups, and hope that the judge is understanding. ive been unlucky with cops/judges, but i have also seen a few who were HUMAN. so good luck.
                              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                              2006 S60- Sold
                              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X