wrecked car, misdemeanor, everyone read - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wrecked car, misdemeanor, everyone read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrecked car, misdemeanor, everyone read

2 hours ago around 8:00 i was in robeson county (lumberton/pembroke) taking a left out of an intersection and saw a deer while accelerating and slammed the brakes and swerved out of the way and the car fishtailed into a 12 foot ditch. the owners of the house next to the ditch called the police and the state trooper came out and was a GRADE A ****! he was rude and told me to fill out the policee report and dont scratch his car and that if i lie in the report about what happened and it goes to court and im proven wrong that i can go to jail and all this other BS. there were no other cars involved and i was driving approximately 35 mph. he gave me a misdemeanor citation for careless and heedlessly in willfl or wanton disregard of the rights or safety of other (aggresive driving)(must show violation of two specified offensives listed in statute)(reckless driving is listed under 20-140 - lesser offense). the cop measured the tire marks and drew pictures and everything and was a real pain in the neck and very rude to me. i had a passenger who can back up everything i said in the report as well. my court date is oct. 3rd.

anyone know any good lawyers or been in any similar sort of situation with any advice? the front end of the car is totalled (both front fenders, front bumper, hood, intercooler, possibly radiator, etc). car got towed and i have to go pick it up tomorrow. anyone with a parts car.. let me know. however, i have no money right now to buy any parts
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Re: wrecked car, misdemeanor, everyone read

wow man, that sucks.... You have no luck with that car :(
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

So wait... you were accelerating from a dead stop at a turn, and you lost control of the car so bad you left skidmarks and put it in a ditch, while destroying the entire front?

Comment

geez sorry to hear that man, that sucks the big one. Any pics of the car? Are you going to try and buy the car back or what?
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Jesus. Talk about bad luck. That's the 2nd time now. Sorry to hear that. Well, I'm not sure what kind of advice to give, but I would probably go back and take lots of pictures and label each one exactly describing what happened for court. Sometimes the tickets are downgraded in court to fines. Do you have any points on your license?
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

oh definitely get a lawyer...

I had a wreckless driving charge later dropped

Comment

yes i have maybe 4-5 points on my license. i plan on taking pictures tomorrow. i hopefully will be putting it back together, but i dont have any money to right now. and yea, the front end got destroyed when i went into the ditch, the car was at a 45 degree angle.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

That sucks. I am very new here, but I have seen pics of your car. Don't know any lawyers in your area (one good friend in NO , LA., and my father in law in Tucson). I totally understand the deer problem. Here in WI, it is a major source of auto insurance claims. I'm sure the trooper assumed you had your foot in it and was f***ing off, and screwed up. Good luck, sincerely.

Jeff

Comment

Was it raining? How fast were you going?

Comment

damn dave the front end of that car just cant win eh?

get a lawyer and make sure your friend will testify for sure. the more things you have in your favor the better.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

sucks to hear. look on the bright side u can get a ss hood now
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold
                      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

dunno bout NY, but in PA a wreckless driving is an automatic loss of insurance.

Call around for lawyers... If they'll cost you $500, its better than what will happen to your insurance if you get convicted of all that stuff...

and that sucks bout the cop.. I've never heard of someone being such a d-bag when its only a one car accident and no one was hurt... must have been out of jelly donuts that morning.. lol..
                        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
                          and that sucks bout the cop.. I've never heard of someone being such a d-bag when its only a one car accident and no one was hurt... must have been out of jelly donuts that morning.. lol..
                          Comes with the badge i suppose..

ne way that really sucks, def. lawyer up and get that **** thrown out.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                          R.I.P. '07 Pats
                          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
                            yes i have maybe 4-5 points on my license. i plan on taking pictures tomorrow. i hopefully will be putting it back together, but i dont have any money to right now. and yea, the front end got destroyed when i went into the ditch, the car was at a 45 degree angle.

Jeez.. what kind of driving have you been doing? I can tell you right now that the cop looked at your record (when he ran your plate) and said the hell with this kid, he's already got points, here's a few more. I was hoping you were going to say "no points" that way you'd have better luck just getting some hefty fines rather than more points + the fines and insurance surcharges. Somehow you are going to have prove that there was a deer in the road and you skidded to avoid the deer. Unfortunately, this is a case where hitting the deer would have been better for you because at least you would have the proof. But since you don't, you should definately go back tomorrow and take as many pictures as possible to accurately state your case.
                            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

look for deer tracks maybe and snap pics of them
                              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X