SUCKS when your pet dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUCKS when your pet dies

I had this pet bird, budgery, for 13 years and it past away. Imagine I've had this bird since my college years and it kept me company throughout. I also had this bird way before I bought my Firebird in '97 and even way before I dated my wife.

THis is an extremely tame bird and very intelligent and entertaining to watch. Yesterday, my other bird which I had for 6 years past away too. It was the best friend of the other bird that past away. The little guy died in my hand while at the Vetenary Hospital. There was just nothing that I could do.

It just sucks when you get so attach to your pets and they pass away. I only wish they live as long as us.

Anybody here with similar experience?

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Re: SUCKS when your pet dies

i hear where you are coming from. my parents got 2 cats before i was born. one had to be put down when i was 11(he was 12) then the other cat lived to be 23. we had to put her down my senior year of hs. i will never forget that day. i still wont think about it cause it will make me cry. but i was there and she curled up in my arms and gave me a lick on the hand and then was gone.

dagg... now i'm at work all welling up.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Several years ago, my wife's cat "ran away" to never come home. She was 17 years old and had a ton of health problems. The vet told us she likely left to find someplace to die so that she would not inconvenience us. My wife had this cat through childhood, and it was tough for her to adapt to life w/o the cat.

More recently, this past spring I had to put my dog to sleep. He had really bad arthritis and was in a lot of pain over the winter months. He was too big for the vet tech to hold, so I had to hold him down while they gave the lethal injection. That was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I know it was best for him, but to watch what used to be the most playful white fluffball go to lying perfectly still was very hard. :(

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

when i went to college my mom found no use for my cat.

she was a perfectly healthy 3 year old kitty.

and darn cute too.

my mom put her down :(

it sucks.

heres a pic.
        Last edited by Niko97RS; 08-23-2007, 08:15 AM.

Comment

and darn cute too.

my mom put her down

it sucks.

heres a pic.
          WTF. Nice mom. There are such things as shelters...

Pets are family. It's difficult to lose a family member.
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

I'd die if I lost my dog right now... she's currently pregnant if anyone wants a jack russel poodle mix. No shipping!! :) But seriously it sucks alot and hope you get over it, in a good way.
            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Yeah my mom had a rat terrier that had been beaten and abused before she got her. It was the sweetest dog I have ever seen and she loved my mom and NEVER left her side. Then while I was helping my mom move a mattress the dog took off out the door and 2 sec. later she was hit by a car and what made it worse was that it was on a street that usually only has 1 car drive by in an hour. My mom was devestated.

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS

and darn cute too.

my mom put her down :(

it sucks.

heres a pic.
                Yeah... that's just messed up x10. WTF! I have a 13 year old Calico myself. She's seems to still be doing good, but she is getting up there in years.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Camaro SuperSix
                  Yeah my mom had a rat terrier that had been beaten and abused before she got her. It was the sweetest dog I have ever seen and she loved my mom and NEVER left her side. Then while I was helping my mom move a mattress the dog took off out the door and 2 sec. later she was hit by a car and what made it worse was that it was on a street that usually only has 1 car drive by in an hour. My mom was devestated.
                  I have a rat terrier as well and she will only sit on my lap. Nobody else has been able to get her to sit on their lap. When I get home she is at the door waiting on me so no matter how mad I get at her or how upset I am she will always be there to make me happy.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

this thread is killing me to read.

Comment

Earlier this year in February I came home from college to stay with my miniature snauzer while my parents were on a cruise for three weeks. This breed is notorious for having terrible separation anxiety, and he was very attached to my mom. I got him for my 10th birthday, and he was the most energetic and playful dog I had ever seen. Well-behaved as well. When he was about 8, he developed diabetes and started going blind. We had to give him 2 shots of insulin a day (with a seringe, yes) and had to help him adapt to not being able to see. When they left on the cruise, about a week afterwards, he couldn't hold any food down, nor any water. I tried and tried to get him to eat and drink water, but he wouldn't. All he wanted to do was lie around the house.

My parents came home, took him to the vet, and they said he was having kidney failure due to complications with the diabetes, and he was in a lot of pain. Apparently his pain threshold was very high and he didn't show that he was in pain. They put him down when I was at class the week they got home, and we buried him that afternoon.

Pets become a member of the family, and sometimes I still look for him to greet me at the door when I come in the house... That's the worst part.

Comment

i lost my old cat when i was younger... id be really really sad if choas died to..shes not even a year old yet but still
                        <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

My family had a Aussie Cattle dog/blue heeler mix...

It died last janruary at age 16. I was 18 at the time and he was always been there for my entire life so it was like loosing a good friend if not more.

We were actually moving to a new house the next week so it was a wierd time
                          1999 Camaro Z/28
                          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

niko, your mom is terrible.

ive lost a few pets, it always sucks to lose a good pet.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Man thats a nice cat, We use to have 3 but one of them died of Congestive heart failure, apparently they can contract that up until their 6 years old, or so the vet said

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X