so what should i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what should i do

right now i have a metallic green convert. firebird. its going into paint next week. idk if i want to keep it that color or paint it black. it had a tan top but i didnt like so i changed it to black. i plan of chagin everything on the inside black. so what do yall think

Re: so what should i do

id say green.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Sounds like you like black. I like black. Paint it black. :)
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        Sounds like you like black. I like black. Paint it black. :)
        yah i do but ppl tell me black is hard to clean and always has dirt. and i dont have the money to do the door jams and under the hood thats 300 bucks more but the guy doing th paint told me to just take spray paint to it so idk lol

Comment

I'd keep the same color. Is it bright green or dark green? The bright green is really cool and rare. The dark green is nice too. I saw a dark green Camaro on ebay with ghost green flames and it was gorgeous. You still have options with accenting the stock color. ;)
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4
            yah i do but ppl tell me black is hard to clean and always has dirt. and i dont have the money to do the door jams and under the hood thats 300 bucks more but the guy doing th paint told me to just take spray paint to it so idk lol
            Umm, don't do black. It's way too difficult to keep scratch and dust free. Mine is so difficult to clean that I had it custom painted with some metal flake and graphics. I wish I had the whole car sprayed. I've been getting it professional detailed/buffed out like every 4 years or so to get rid of the fine scratches. And getting just the exterior show-ready takes me anywhere from 3-4 hours. Wayyyy too much effort involved.
            2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
            1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V
            2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
            2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
              I'd keep the same color. Is it bright green or dark green? The bright green is really cool and rare. The dark green is nice too. I saw a dark green Camaro on ebay with ghost green flames and it was gorgeous. You still have options with accenting the stock color. ;)

its dark green

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
                Umm, don't do black. It's way too difficult to keep scratch and dust free. Mine is so difficult to clean that I had it custom painted with some metal flake and graphics. I wish I had the whole car sprayed. I've been getting it professional detailed/buffed out like every 4 years or so to get rid of the fine scratches. And getting just the exterior show-ready takes me anywhere from 3-4 hours. Wayyyy too much effort involved.
                yah ppl have told me that

Comment

Well you already ruined a classic color combination by losing the tan top so you might as well go the whole nine yards and paint it black

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                  i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats
                  Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Go Black! Go Black!

And yes, they never look complete clean. But if you have a black urethane body kit, it doesn't show as much when you curb the front.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Are you painting everything? including door seals, underthe hood, below the carpet...or just the outside?
                      1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
                      - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Originally posted by RyanAndyBob
                        Are you painting everything? including door seals, underthe hood, below the carpet...or just the outside?
                        He said he was not doing the jambs or under the hood. If you can't do the whole car, don't do it at all. It will look like crap.

Black isn't that hard much harder to keep clean than dark green. Swirl marks show up very easily though.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

if your not doing the jams your car is going to look stupid when you have black exterrior and green every thing else. IF you must paint it, wait untill you have enough to paint the entire car. and if you can ait then keep it the same color so it doesnt look silly.
                          1998 Red T-top V6 Camaro
                          - K&N Filter, Pacesetter Headders, MagnaFlow 2.5" Hi-Flo Cat, FlowMaster 80 Series, PowerDyne Supercharger@9Psi More 2 Come

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X